Drumming shoes

I use very thin sole trainers to have a lot of feel from the pedals and the drum (from whisper quiet to extra loud).The sole has no design underneath and it's a little bit rubbery to give some grip but also works well for slide work.
I play heel-up, toe-heel and some differents sliding techniques.

Last edited:
I have a custom pair of Converse my sister managed to buy for me. They're based off my favourite drumming shoe.

When I get them up, I'll upload pics :D

Well it must be said, after scouring the shops for some good drumming shoes, I tried barefooted a few weeks ago, not turning back.

For me shoeless has to be best now :p

I find it amazing that we have accrued 124 posts talking about shoes. oops, 125.

Does that counts the ones who play barefoot, they don't talk about shoes... and what about the ones with socks.....

Now, what that funny smell... Cheese maybe?

Does that counts the ones who play barefoot, they don't talk about shoes... and what about the ones with socks.....

Now, what that funny smell... Cheese maybe?

I think so. (LOLOL)

Shoes or lack of shoes, two sides of the same coin.

Now if we had pictures of toe nails, we could catergorize this thread as scientific until somebody tosses one up there with toenails that look like Frito's playing an egg shaker.

You guys might think this is a bit weird but I found the most comfortable shoes to drum in for fast kick is a pair of ballet flats. The guys in my band know made fun of me at first but when I started getting faster and more accurate on the kick, they soon realised why I chose them.
I have recently changed styles again to a pair of breathable yoga shoes I found on a Chinese website and they are comfortable and your feet don't sweat.
First pic is what I used to wear and the other pics are what I wear now.

Attachments

• 2016-09-03 09.57.58.jpg
    2016-09-03 09.57.58.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 717
  • 2016-09-03 09.57.35.png
    2016-09-03 09.57.35.png
    65 KB · Views: 730
  • 2016-09-03 09.57.09.png
    2016-09-03 09.57.09.png
    246 KB · Views: 724
I was also going through my drum gear yesterday and found 2 more pairs of my favourite go to drumming shoes that I used to drum in all the time.
Surprisingly very comfortable and good control.

Attachments

• 2016-09-04 06.10.44.png
    2016-09-04 06.10.44.png
    31 KB · Views: 715
  • 2016-09-04 06.11.15.jpg
    2016-09-04 06.11.15.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 717
kung fu shoes

Kung%20Fu%20Shoes_trans.jpg

Natures way.....one size fits all.

Attachments

• IMG_2961.JPG
    IMG_2961.JPG
    132.2 KB · Views: 696
I have usually used Converse Chucks, but recently I've been trying out some Levi's Stan Buck shoes. They look like old school Converse, but the tread is more like a skate shoe. With the thin-soled Converse my feet would would hurt if I was walking or standing for long periods of time. The Stan Bucks have a little more cushioning so I can wear them for longer. Plus, they were less than $15 at Costco a couple of months back. I got two pair.

Not sure about your choice of nail polish gaz, but the shoes look great!!

The nail polish was the girlfriends idea. She likes it and to be honest it's not even that embarrassing in public. Most rock and metal artists wear black fingernail polish so what's the difference if it's on the toenails as well. Lol

During gigs - sneakers.

During rehearsal - socks.

Try to avoid over pondering drumming shoes. Not necessary.

You guys might think this is a bit weird but I found the most comfortable shoes to drum in for fast kick is a pair of ballet flats. The guys in my band know made fun of me at first but when I started getting faster and more accurate on the kick, they soon realised why I chose them.
I have recently changed styles again to a pair of breathable yoga shoes I found on a Chinese website and they are comfortable and your feet don't sweat.
First pic is what I used to wear and the other pics are what I wear now.

Smart lady!
If I could only find those yoga flats for my size 15EEEE flippers...

Back