A huge public Thank You to Keep it Simple

Magenta

Platinum Member
True to his word, Andy came to tune Mabel today. He's a busy man and had a long day's travelling ahead of him, yet he was unbelievably generous with his time and spent a couple of hours putting new heads (which he brought) on Mabel and tweaking her so that she now sounds perfect for how I play her. And all he would take in return was a cup of cold tea and a piece of caek.

It also turned out that Andy was at primary school with my best friend's husband - small world, innit?

Andy, you are a hero. Thank you so very much xxx

PS I've just spent an hour with Mabel, playing spaces ;) She's getting better at it.

Nice guy, it always comes as a nice surprise when you see or hear of people doing things like this just out of the kindness of their heart.

The world needs more people like this.

Yea, Andy is a great example of what humans should be like. When I grow up I wanna be like him.

A true act of kindness is doing something for someone ,without the thought of payment and not always at a time that's most convienent.

Though I never actually met the man,I feel that he embodies these consepts and in my opinion,a man never stands as tall as when he stoops to help another.

Huzza my friend.Someday I hope we'll meet over a pint or three.Cheers

Steve B

Although I have never had the pleasure of meeting Andy, this does not surprise me in the least, you only have to read his postings on DW to understand what a great, and generous guys he is.

Well done sir, a doff of the cap in your direction.

Keeping it Simple...he's a great guy :)

For he's a jolly good fellow

For he's a jolly good fellow

For he's a jolly good felllllooooooooww

Which nobody can denyyyyyy

...seriously classy, Andy. Cheers. And Madge -- pound those tubs =)

Nice! That's huge to have someone donate their time to edjumacate someone else on something like tuning drums. Honestly and totally impressed Andy. And not only by this but by all of the tidbits and sundry items that you donate here on a daily basis. Mucho kudos from as far away as you can possibly get, mate.

Who/what is Mabel?

*raises glass to Andy*

Nice guy, it always comes as a nice surprise when you see or hear of people doing things like this just out of the kindness of their heart.

The world needs more people like this.

Chunky, I could say the same for you.

Not to hi-jack this thread, but Chunky was nice enough to take a listen to my demo and give me some advice.

This forum has proven over and over again to be full of generous people with a true love of drums and drummers.

Cool story....... I'm definitely a newbie to the site but have already developed a lot of respect for Andy, his willingness to answer questions and the quality of his Guru drums!! I have one of his snares on my dream list...... :) Terry

That's one of the things I love about this place. Cheers to Andy. and to his modest self, all in a days work.

I've got to say that Andy is one of the most hospitable people that I've ever met. Last year I was down in Hereford meeting family and Andy accommodated me with grace and patience!

As hard as this thread may be to read for you mate, you're the man!

Way to embody the spirit of Drumming Andy!!

Back