Terry Bozzio megakit (pics from recent clinic)

Arky

Platinum Member
That's Terry's megakit as of his clinic on Nov. 7th at Karlsruhe, Germany (organized by RockShop - the dealer I'm usually shopping at). I wasn't at the clinic (issues with my car), those pics are taken from the RockShop facebook site - I asked for permission to upload those pics and they agreed. So thumbs up for their generosity!!

Just thought that you'd like to feast your eyes a bit, haha. There's lots of pics made during the setup process - pretty interesting, isn't it? -- Have fun, and put on your sunglasses if necessary.

(I'll try to catch that JoJo Mayer clinic on Nov. 28th - same place - some 35 km from where I live.)

Attachments

• Terry Bozzio mega kit_01.jpg
    Terry Bozzio mega kit_01.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 6,284
  • Terry Bozzio mega kit_09.jpg
    Terry Bozzio mega kit_09.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 6,332
  • Terry Bozzio mega kit_08.jpg
    Terry Bozzio mega kit_08.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 5,481
  • Terry Bozzio mega kit_07.jpg
    Terry Bozzio mega kit_07.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 5,584
  • Terry Bozzio mega kit_06.jpg
    Terry Bozzio mega kit_06.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 5,496
  • Terry Bozzio mega kit_05.jpg
    Terry Bozzio mega kit_05.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 5,650
  • Terry Bozzio mega kit_04.jpg
    Terry Bozzio mega kit_04.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 7,372
  • Terry Bozzio mega kit_03.jpg
    Terry Bozzio mega kit_03.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 5,659
  • Terry Bozzio mega kit_02.jpg
    Terry Bozzio mega kit_02.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 6,089
Pics, pics... MORE pics... here they are.

Attachments

• Terry Bozzio mega kit_15.jpg
    Terry Bozzio mega kit_15.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 82,877
  • Terry Bozzio mega kit_14.jpg
    Terry Bozzio mega kit_14.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 29,276
  • Terry Bozzio mega kit_13.jpg
    Terry Bozzio mega kit_13.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 5,202
  • Terry Bozzio mega kit_12.jpg
    Terry Bozzio mega kit_12.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 5,197
  • Terry Bozzio mega kit_11.jpg
    Terry Bozzio mega kit_11.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 5,653
  • Terry Bozzio mega kit_10.jpg
    Terry Bozzio mega kit_10.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 5,456
Yet more pics... yep, still pics left ;-)

Attachments

• Terry Bozzio mega kit_22.jpg
    Terry Bozzio mega kit_22.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 5,143
  • Terry Bozzio mega kit_21.jpg
    Terry Bozzio mega kit_21.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 6,562
  • Terry Bozzio mega kit_20.jpg
    Terry Bozzio mega kit_20.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 5,006
  • Terry Bozzio mega kit_19.jpg
    Terry Bozzio mega kit_19.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 51,593
  • Terry Bozzio mega kit_18.jpg
    Terry Bozzio mega kit_18.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 5,636
  • Terry Bozzio mega kit_17.jpg
    Terry Bozzio mega kit_17.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 5,205
  • Terry Bozzio mega kit_16.jpg
    Terry Bozzio mega kit_16.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 5,499
  • Terry Bozzio mega kit_23.jpg
    Terry Bozzio mega kit_23.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 5,006
I saw him in a clinic here in Florida and he only had a smaller version of that. Was interesting to hear his style of playing but that set is unreal.

thanks for the pics. those are beautiful. one of my favorite finishes. oh, and that is, without a doubt, the stupidest thing i've ever seen. :)

I wonder when dw will be willing to upgrade his kit?! haha
very nice though, his soloing style is very interesting, and it would be great to see that kit up close.
I wonder why he only has that one dw5000 pedal and the rest are all 9's?

It looks like that's his primary hi-hat stand (non-remote).

I'd guess that it's because the 5000 doesn't use the cam system that the 9000 does, so it's a bit more direct/responsive when using as a pedal if you get me.

I wonder when dw will be willing to upgrade his kit?! haha
very nice though, his soloing style is very interesting, and it would be great to see that kit up close.

budget is tight...

As a person who takes lessons and plans on calling himself a drummer someday, I find myself feeling embarrassed when looking that that kit. Not sure why...

Freakin' WTF. What is the effing point of that? How can he remember which pedal does what?

I'm not a fan, but of course I respect the guy, and he's certainly had a long and successful career. So I don't know the answer to this question... Maybe one of you does? I'm just curious: has anyone ever seen him play on a real simple 1 up, 1 (or 2) down, single bass kit? I wonder how a kit that size would effect his style.

... I find myself feeling embarrassed when looking that that kit. Not sure why...

Because it's a physical manifestation of the first world, philosophical 'greed is good', attitude?

... that is, without a doubt, the stupidest thing i've ever seen. :)...

LOL

One of the stupidest things anyways.

EDIT: WTF - I showed my wife the pics, and she says that's how she sees me when it comes to drums - ha ha ha. And I only have a few smaller, inexpensive kits.

Last edited:
Freakin' WTF. What is the effing point of that? How can he remember which pedal does what?

I think that is the best point- does anyone except him know if hes playing the 20" kick or the 22" or remember which of the array of chinas he hit? And therefore, just have one, or 2 not 30...

That's Terry's megakit as of his clinic on Nov. 7th at Karlsruhe, Germany (organized by RockShop - the dealer I'm usually shopping at). I wasn't at the clinic (issues with my car), those pics are taken from the RockShop facebook site - I asked for permission to upload those pics and they agreed. So thumbs up for their generosity!!

Just thought that you'd like to feast your eyes a bit, haha. There's lots of pics made during the setup process - pretty interesting, isn't it? -- Have fun, and put on your sunglasses if necessary.

(I'll try to catch that JoJo Mayer clinic on Nov. 28th - same place - some 35 km from where I live.)

I can't believe he allows the use of that one DW5000 pedal. Somebody at DW must've dropped the ball!

;)

Bozzio's still doing that shtick? How silly, going around showing off his great big drum kit. I hope he doesn't charge people to see whatever it is he does with it. If he does then the silly ones are those that buy tickets.

It's so stupid. Hey, maybe he could make his drums look like a Transformer, you know, turning into a robot! Or Star Wars, dude, he could totally make his drum kit look like Star Wars.

It's stupid, I don't care if he can play a Beethoven string quartet on that, it's bloody stupid.

Bozzio's still doing that shtick? How silly, going around showing off his great big drum kit. I hope he doesn't charge people to see whatever it is he does with it. If he does then the silly ones are those that buy tickets.

It's so stupid. Hey, maybe he could make his drums look like a Transformer, you know, turning into a robot! Or Star Wars, dude, he could totally make his drum kit look like Star Wars.

It's stupid, I don't care if he can play a Beethoven string quartet on that, it's bloody stupid.

HA! Your reaction makes me like it all the more.

Yeah, it's over the top. So? It's like the difference between one plucked string and an 88-key piano.

More is more.

It might make a difference if it was YOUR kit.

1) The man can play and actually utilize that megakit in a musically pleasing/creative way. Now put "drummer x" on the throne of that kit and you might get less stunning results.

2) Doing clinics using this beast kit brings fun to many drummers/to whoever attends them - worldwide. What's wrong doing so? Ah yes - a few folks on some forums might be envious, I forgot. Well that's life... (And I'm pretty sure that nobody is forced to attend those clinics - select what interests you and avoid anything else - it's easy, isn't it? Oh yes, as an alternative you can express your dislike of other drummers' concepts of course. Great achievement.)

3) Kits are preference. Kits can range from just a few pieces to Bozzio's kit - or even bigger sets but those usually are stationary and not used for clinics.

4) Not everybody could afford such a kit. Some would like to but can't, some don't care and can't, some don't need this and can't finance it, and ultimately - some wanna have stuff like that _and_ can afford it. _And_ maybe even manage big kits getting great music out of them.

Did you care to check out a few of Bozzio's videos to actually get an idea of what he's making out of that kit? I find it pretty impressive and creative. Just accept that some drummers are way above the level of most of us - both technically and concerning their "visionarity", and they might need different tools than the average drummer to fully express themselves to find _their_ drumming peace of mind. He's just on a higher level, that's all. Apparently, some of us don't grasp this.

I'm amazed that the little guys on this forum are putting Terry down. The man is one of the greatest drummers that has ever lived. His musical performances have always been awesome, from as a kid with Zappa to Missing Persons to his melodic solo drumming and ostinato work.

He is a classically trained composer as well who has had entire CD's of his work performed orchestrally. He uses those toms as single notes. They are arranged chromatically. There is a reason there are so many drums. Have you ever noticed the amount of keys on the piano?

All of the modern soloing stylings that play against ostinatos owe a greet deal to Terry. Not only that, but someone needs to push the art of drumming. We need visionaries like Terry to probe the limits of our instrument and if anyone, Terry has earned that right. He is an inspiration to me and many drummers all over.

To all of you who talk smack and have no idea of what you are talking about: Your ignorance is showing.

Back