-roland kd9 vs yamaha kp 65-

ramtin1001

hey everyone... i own a dtx550 kit and was considering changing the kick pad as it's not really good enough for double bass... was considering buying a second kp65 but then i found out about the roland kd9 pad. it costs way more but i was wondering how good it feels for double bass. now, i want an opinion from someone who has had some experience with it cuz i dont think simply trying it out at the store would be enough. so do u think its worth buying one of those, or is it better to have two separate 65s.

Hi. The new KD-9 pad is softer and much more quiter. But still it's kinda unstable if you double bass a lot.

I also have the same e-kit, the default kp65 is very loud, I sold it and made myself a meshpad (like the expensive Roland one) from an old tom, using a ddrum trigger. It feels great but the trigger doesn't seem to be "hot" enough. I'm working on this issue at the moment.

lol made your own mesh pad?? hey thats nice XD... anyways, im guessing its better to have two seperate kick pads then. thnx, appreciate it

You can have 2 pads, if so then get the roland ones, they are quiter and have a softer feel.

As you can see here there are two hand-made kick pads
x_bb1cac07.jpg

A pic from my friends studio (he helped me out with making the pad), don't have a camera at the moment to show mine.

You can have 2 pads, if so then get the roland ones, they are quiter and have a softer feel.

As you can see here there are two hand-made kick pads
x_bb1cac07.jpg

A pic from my friends studio (he helped me out with making the pad), don't have a camera at the moment to show mine.

It is a fantastic drummer set..!!
I wish you are selling it and definitely I would buy it for sure...!!!

Back