10 Mistakes Most Drummers Make

P

plangentmusic

For those interested, here's a copy of the piece I did some years back for Modern Drummer.

Many thanks to Anthony for tracking down, scanning and sending this to me.

There are a couple of sentences that the editors re-wrote that i think makes things a little LESS clear -- but that's the way it goes. For the most part, I think there's enough here to spur some thought, debate and disagreement. : )

Attachments

• mail-1.jpeg
    mail-1.jpeg
    10.9 KB · Views: 584
  • mail.jpeg
    mail.jpeg
    12.7 KB · Views: 576
  • mail-2.jpeg
    mail-2.jpeg
    11.6 KB · Views: 571
Oops...sorry that can't be viewed. I'll work on a better format. (I'm not really up on this stuff). If anyone cares to walk a confused old man through the process, feel free.

Thanks Nelson, definitely interested, but I can't read from those pics, have you got anything bigger? Cheers :)

EDIT: I just saw you second post, lol...

Last edited:
1. Open the full-size scans in Photoshop or whatever image editing program you have-- Paint.net is easy and free if you don't have one.

2. Maybe convert images to grayscale; do resize them down to 8.5x11" @ 72dpi, save as jpeg @ "quality" of 90. If they're smaller than that already, rescan them @ 300 dpi, then save smaller sized copies.

3. Import them into Acrobat, if you have it, and make a pdf out of them, then attach that to your DW post. If you don't have Acrobat, you can try this site, or one of these other sites/tools. Or just email the full size scans to me and I can do it for you-- there's an email link under "ABOUT ME" on the blog.

Back