Yamaha Drums

yamaha SCA.
yuuup.
cimg4667.jpg

For the MCAN owners, how do you find your drums like to be tuned?

I'm having trouble finding the sweet spot for all of my drums save my 10 inch rack tom, the bass in particular is giving me alot of trouble.

Also, what head combinations do you like. I'm currently using G2 Coated with the Evans EC Reso's at the bottom.

I'm just not fully satisfied with these drums yet. The finish is gorgeous but I am finding them hard to tune, which may likely be a fault of mine as most reviewers found them very easy to tune.

I really don't know why you can't get the drums to sound good to you? I am not too familiar with your head combination. I have luck with Remo clear emperors on top and clear ambassadors on bottom. Or the coated ambassadors on top with the clear ambassadors on bottom. I did try the EC2 coated at one time on these drums and they were a bit to dead to my ears.

For the MCAN owners, how do you find your drums like to be tuned?

I'm having trouble finding the sweet spot for all of my drums save my 10 inch rack tom, the bass in particular is giving me alot of trouble.

Also, what head combinations do you like. I'm currently using G2 Coated with the Evans EC Reso's at the bottom.

I'm just not fully satisfied with these drums yet. The finish is gorgeous but I am finding them hard to tune, which may likely be a fault of mine as most reviewers found them very easy to tune.

Try the drums in a different room. The size of the room plays grande on the drums sound. Also try tuning to thirds instead of fourths if you're not.

With drum shells 2" apart, tuning to fourths will result in a noticeable mismatch of timbre and drums sized this way will be closest (in timbre) tuned to seconds or thirds.

My new pedal:
ymh_dfp9500cl.jpg

The Sleek models with new design AND a semi softcase (not the ''not so great'' softbag from the Flying Dragon series)

And a new monitor mixer, cymbal arm and stand:

YamahaCH750.jpg

mg8cx.jpg

ST372CS865.jpg

Sized down the kit (only front rack and 2 stands with dual head on one stand for 2 extra boom arms)
l_a750c47102904201a49b80e336316fe8.jpg
605686526_6_CxQ-.jpeg

Kit looks Sweet!!!! with the matching Sub Wes............

Thanks mate.

I really love the little beast. I like the smaller setup so much (if anybody need a hexrack tube or a dtxtreme I, let me know)

I'm now buying mic's for the set. Just got a 1st piece in the form of a Shure Beta 98D/S.

And got a call the new HS1200T is arrived at my drumshop :D (and the bill for the CHH-930.. that thing is freakin expensive, even with thiscount :S)

here's another pic from last week without the sub:
5333_1199094897129_1221222716_569804_8368285_n.jpg
http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs124.snc1/5333_1199094897129_1221222716_569804_8368285_n.jpg[/img]

Thanks mate.

I really love the little beast. I like the smaller setup so much (if anybody need a hexrack tube or a dtxtreme I, let me know)

I'm now buying mic's for the set. Just got a 1st piece in the form of a Shure Beta 98D/S.

And got a call the new HS1200T is arrived at my drumshop :D (and the bill for the CHH-930.. that thing is freakin expensive, even with thiscount :S)

here's another pic from last week without the sub:
5333_1199094897129_1221222716_569804_8368285_n.jpg
http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs124.snc1/5333_1199094897129_1221222716_569804_8368285_n.jpg[/img]

Hexrack you say? ;) How much?

Yamaha Presents New Colors for Oak Custom and Tour Custom Drums at 2009 Summer NAMM

New Oak Custom colors include Red Sparkle, Amber Sunburst and Black Sparkle Sunburst. Yamaha is the only company that makes oak drum kits, which are painted and buffed by hand.

"Oak Custom has been a favorite of rock drummers since it was introduced," says Dave Jewell, marketing manager, Yamaha Drums. "These new finishes should make them even more appealing to younger drummers, while still retaining their appeal to older drummers that appreciate the beauty of a hand-crafted drum with a beautiful finish."

On its Tour Custom models, Yamaha is discontinuing two colors and replacing them with three new colors, Cranberry Red, Natural Wood, and Red Black Sunburst, attractive finishes that will appeal to a wider variety of drummers.

"Tour Custom established itself as an incredible value when it was introduced, with its rounder profile bearing edge and 100% maple shell," said Jewell. "The sound of these drums is amazing at this price and these new finishes will appeal to younger and older players alike."

For more information on the new finishes, visit Yamaha Corporation of America at Summer NAMM 2009 in Room 104, Nashville Convention Center

For more information, visit their web site at http://www.yamaha.com/.

Press release on Central Harmony

And a sneek-peek from my friends at the Yamaha Drums Twitterpage

17986004-a3ac82a2e62be6dd19b5bacf114087c5.4a64d3af-scaled.jpg

I ' ve never seen a white bass drum head with the yamaha logo in the color of the drums , it looks awesome!!!!!

Thxs It was a custom job tho, yamaha do not make them like that! Looks bad ass I finally got one more tom in so im sitting at a 7 piece now and patiently waiting for the other 2 toms i ordered to arrive!!!!!! Went on a yamaha speaker/power amp buying binge too! :)

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 3,819
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 3,854
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 3,816
I just bought a new (demo) 5-piece Yamaha Recording Custom shell pack from an Authorized Yamaha dealer off Ebay for $1800. The listing said there were a few cosmetic flaws, but that is something that would not bother me. Unless there is some kind of problem with the drums, I am thinking I got an incredible deal. What do you guys think?

It's been a dream of mine to own these drums for a long time, I just love that Yamaha birch sound. I am a rock drummer, so I was looking for these drums which are in the slightly longer power sizes. They are:

9x10 Mounted Tom
10x12 Mounted Tom
14x14 Floor Tom
16x16 Floor Tom
16x22 Bass Drum

The set also came with the TH-945 double tom holder.

Here's a pic below. Would love to hear from you guys!

Regards,

Alex

Attachments

• Yamaha1.jpg
    Yamaha1.jpg
    178.9 KB · Views: 3,544
I just bought a new (demo) 5-piece Yamaha Recording Custom shell pack from an Authorized Yamaha dealer off Ebay for $1800. The listing said there were a few cosmetic flaws, but that is something that would not bother me. Unless there is some kind of problem with the drums, I am thinking I got an incredible deal. What do you guys think?

It's been a dream of mine to own these drums for a long time, I just love that Yamaha birch sound. I am a rock drummer, so I was looking for these drums which are in the slightly longer power sizes. They are:

9x10 Mounted Tom
10x12 Mounted Tom
14x14 Floor Tom
16x16 Floor Tom
16x22 Bass Drum

The set also came with the TH-945 double tom holder.

Here's a pic below. Would love to hear from you guys!

Regards,

Alex

Looks like a steal, unless there's something screwy with the bearing edges or the hardware. Are they old-style mounts or YESS?

EDIT: Oh, they're YESS. Yeah, looks great! Don't leave em lying around anywhere ;)

YESS. The store said they purchased it from Yamaha in January 2009.

Back