Head cleaning tips

Sirwill

Silver Member
I'm looking for a safe and effective way to clean my Remo smooth White heads. Any help or tips would be wonderful. I looked for a thread on head cleaning tips and did not find one. So, I hope I'm not repeating an existing thread.

Last edited:
I'm looking for a safe and effective way to clean my Remo smooth White heads. Any help or tips would be wonderful. I looked for a thread on head cleaning tips and did not find one. So, I hope I'm not repeating an existing thread.

What's wrong w/ a damp rag?

The drum head is fine! Its my head thats silly. Im just looking to simply remove some small stick marks.

Nail polish remover/goof off works on clear heads. I don't know about the smooth whites though.

Try a small medium weight scrub brush, a little dish soap and water and that should take care of it. Then wipe it dry...first with the damp rag, then with a dry towel. I have done this with toms and snares. I understand why you want to clean them, if no one else does. Eventually they look like someone has wiped a bum with them, and they aren't always used up at that point. I use rubber PD-8's for various sounds/triggers, and when I have used coated heads in the past they get ugly after a time.

Thanks for the tip on the clear heads, to the poster that wrote that.

Thank you for the great tips! I will be giving them a try.

Try a small medium weight scrub brush, a little dish soap and water and that should take care of it. Then wipe it dry...first with the damp rag, then with a dry towel. I have done this with toms and snares. I understand why you want to clean them, if no one else does. Eventually they look like someone has wiped a bum with them, and they aren't always used up at that point. I use rubber PD-8's for various sounds/triggers, and when I have used coated heads in the past they get ugly after a time.

Thanks for the tip on the clear heads, to the poster that wrote that.

Back