What's your "day" job?

Great screen name. It works, it really pops.

My day job is getting ready to change soon. In two months, I will retire after almost 29 years of military service, believe it or not, I will become a student. A music student and play the drums a lot. I need to pinch myself to remind me its real.

Congratulations! Hope it works out for you. Are you retiring right about now?

Congratulations! Hope it works out for you. Are you retiring right about now?

It's done, a great ceremony, a great career and an amazing opportunity to be of service. Here is the best part, one of my favorite drummers is a jazz guy from Charleston, SC. The good folks who planned my retirement party knew this. One of the ladies that I work with set it up, her mother is friends with Mrs. Baxter, Quentin Baxter's mother. They made a presentation at the retirement party and talked about how much I love jazz and this particular drummer, so we would like to bring Mr. Quentin Baxter up and make a presentation.

They went out and found the guy, I had never personally met him, just listened to his music. He drove 120 miles to come to the going away party and shocked me and the crowd.

How cool is that? He really did a service for those in uniform.

A great day and a great career.

It's done, a great ceremony, a great career and an amazing opportunity to be of service. Here is the best part, one of my favorite drummers is a jazz guy from Charleston, SC. The good folks who planned my retirement party knew this. One of the ladies that I work with set it up, her mother is friends with Mrs. Baxter, Quentin Baxter's mother. They made a presentation at the retirement party and talked about how much I love jazz and this particular drummer, so we would like to bring Mr. Quentin Baxter up and make a presentation.

They went out and found the guy, I had never personally met him, just listened to his music. He drove 120 miles to come to the going away party and shocked me and the crowd.

How cool is that? He really did a service for those in uniform.

A great day and a great career.
Awesome, man. What a cool guy. Sounds like you had a great time. Enjoy!

Re: Whats your Job?

,I'm it.... in a one man electrical service business. Ace Electric, Inc. at your service. Friendly, free estimates. Professional, honest work done right the first time, at a reasonable price with a friendly attitude. Read about me on Angie's List for some very complimentary, and totally unsolicited, write ups of my work, written by my customers.

Branding consultant to Live Music Entertainment conglomerates and part owner of a communication company

I've been a corporate performance analyst for the past few years (not sure anyone in the office knows what that is either but it's to do with HR stats), but I mostly stopped that for the last six months to look after my old Dad.

Now I have pretty well retired, although I have a few loose ends with my old work before I truly take my place as part of the gentry. Might join a few bands if I can find some suckers to put up with a crazy old lady on drums in these days of new fangled metronomic sensibilities.

For some reason I have a deep desire to play psychedelic music for mad hippies.

I normally teach guitar, bass, drums, saxophone and ensemble at official music schools. At the moment I also conduct a schoolband.

This is the reason why I got more into the drums as I wanted to do a better job than my predecessors. Guitar players that knew less than nothing about drums.

I run an IT tech news and resources website in the UK for a Boston, MA-based firm. I work from home so I get lots of flexibility to practice

I'm a Media Designer for an International firm, although they haven't accepted my offer to work in the new Barbados HQ yet!

I'm a Commercial Credit Insurance Broker for a large US company called Aon.

The work's boring but the client's aren't....I've made some very good friends as a result of a client/broker relationship.

And I got a modest bonus earlier this year which bought my electronic drum kit so I shouldn't be ungrateful.

I wanted to be a train driver

I've worked in social work for the past 22 years, with people with disabilities mainly, but currently I'm a student doing my social work degree part time while I continue to work. My wife and I are also foster parents to 2 kids and parents to 2 1/2 (one on the way due in Oct '12).

I'm looking for a job to fill my spare time....

Currently studying auto mechanics and currently working in an auto shop. Looking into getting into a dealership soon.

I am happy to say I'm a Maintenance Planner for a little company called International Paper.
It's taken me a lifetime to get this gig and I can't tell you how happy I am with it.
No cell, no supervision responsibilities, no weekends, no holidays. I just schedule preventive maintenance and hand out work all day.

I work in finance

-__-

Back