Posting Stupid Ideas

Coldhardsteel

Gold Member
Five times in a row now I've begun to post something and just exited the tab because I thought it was stupid or useless.

I feel like I've lost all relevancy.

Any sympathizers out there?

That is how these sites survive is on dumb little posts. :) Oh and all us lonely bored people.

I don't understand why you would exit the tab. Why not just not post it?

Yeah, the whole idea is to post the stupid idea so we can all share in how stupid it is, or you may have enlightened a bunch of people. Reach out, make friends ;)

One poster on a baseball forum that I frequent likes to point out how unintelligent my posts are. That doesn't slow me down. ;)

I'm sure I post stupid stuff all the time. What's the worst that can happen...nobody answers it? Go for it! After all, what may seem "stupid" to you may actually help someone else out.

I sympathize. Whether it's a new topic which is extremely rare, or even a reply I'm constantly deleting lengthy statements or editing posts to prevent unnecessary spamming.
I've had full "page" replies that when I looked at it I just thought 'nobody's going to read that' and delete them.

I sympathize. Whether it's a new topic which is extremely rare, or even a reply I'm constantly deleting lengthy statements or editing posts to prevent unnecessary spamming.
I've had full "page" replies that when I looked at it I just thought 'nobody's going to read that' and delete them.

+1 yea ... 1/2 my replies to threads never make it past the first senten... bah nevermind.

One poster on a baseball forum that I frequent likes to point out how unintelligent my posts are. That doesn't slow me down. ;)

This is something I don't ever see here. Someone pointing out to someone else on a public forum how stupid your post is. Just goes to show you how much more civilized it is here on Drummerworld. And unusually, when it happens, people here tend to explain why they think it's stupid to keep it at a semi-pro level. Good people we have here.

This is something I don't ever see here. Someone pointing out to someone else on a public forum how stupid your post is. Just goes to show you how much more civilized it is here on Drummerworld. And unusually, when it happens, people here tend to explain why they think it's stupid to keep it at a semi-pro level. Good people we have here.
I just saw it the other day on here, but don't worry the powers to be know about it.

I just saw it the other day on here, but don't worry the powers to be know about it.

Hmm. I must have avoidance powers. I've personally not seen anything like that. But I do tend to notice that when threads start to go awry it's usually been caused by someone who's new and doesn't know how to play well with others. Perhaps I'll scout around and look for it next time.

Hmm. I must have avoidance powers. I've personally not seen anything like that. But I do tend to notice that when threads start to go awry it's usually been caused by someone who's new and doesn't know how to play well with others. Perhaps I'll scout around and look for it next time.
Hey Bo. The problem is it is not always the new guys. I find on most sites that some of the guys that have been around a while get a little too comfortable, and cocky, and seem to get away with more attitude because they are some of the good old boys.

Hey Bo. The problem is it is not always the new guys. I find on most sites that some of the guys that have been around a while get a little too comfortable, and cocky, and seem to get away with more attitude because they are some of the good old boys.

I suppose that could be true too. Humans beings basically forgetting how to be nice and human because they're on the internet and don't have to deal with people face-to-face. I would say at least on this forum, maybe this is more the anomaly then the norm. Too bad not everybody remembers the old adage "treat those as you yourself would like to be treated", eh?

I suppose that could be true too. Humans beings basically forgetting how to be nice and human because they're on the internet and don't have to deal with people face-to-face. I would say at least on this forum, maybe this is more the anomaly then the norm. Too bad not everybody remembers the old adage "treat those as you yourself would like to be treated", eh?
Exactly. I just find some get real brave when they are typing on a keyboard.

The only stupid questions are the ones not asked. Man, that makes me sound intelligent, but, someone else said it.

Too bad not everybody remembers the old adage "treat those as you yourself would like to be treated", eh?
I know that adage and I'm pretty decent towards the guys here.
Sopme elder members have given me hassle for just posting tho'

Back