1970's Sunn PA System

pxavier

I found one on Craigslist, it it worth buying (with a large speaker) for $120? What do you know about those systems?

All electronics parts eventually fail. 1970's? Can you say leaky caps?

You can get 'almost new' PA gear so cheap these days.

All depends on what you want to do with it I guess, if you want to use it, i wouldn't recommend the 40 year old PA gear.

All depends on what you want to do with it I guess, if you want to use it, i wouldn't recommend the 40 year old PA gear.

I do want to use it, for small college shows, but I'm not sure if it's worth the purchase.

It is a risk, but it might be worth it. I'd check it out with some mics and instruments. How much has it been used? Is this a good brand? Does it weigh a lot more than modern stuff?

It is a risk, but it might be worth it. I'd check it out with some mics and instruments. How much has it been used? Is this a good brand? Does it weigh a lot more than modern stuff?

He said the PA system is (quote end quote) HUGE. And that one of the speakers is done for, but the other works great. he said he used to use it in a garage band, but doesnt need it anymore.

Man.....Garage band + blown speaker probably means the other one isnt far behind. I would assume they were a "oh theyre just old junk speakers lets turn it to 11" type deal.

I would spend a little more cash and get some newer, higher quality gear :)

Freaking totally run away from this. Those things are heavy as boat anchors. Unless you're really into vintage gear .... and if you're asking this question here, that's probably not the case. Leave this kinda equipment for the cats who love vintage gear, and know how to work on it.

Freaking totally run away from this. Those things are heavy as boat anchors. Unless you're really into vintage gear .... and if you're asking this question here, that's probably not the case. Leave this kinda equipment for the cats who love vintage gear, and know how to work on it.

That^........................

Back