What does this error message mean when I try to post?

donv

Silver Member
Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.

Half the time I write something including private messages, this comes up and I lose everything.

Re: What does this mean?

...sounds like an outdated system - still with Windows?

B.

B.

Bernhard, you are too funny, I too am still with windows, but I am not getting this problem...sorry to hear that you are having technical difficulties.

What are you running by the way?

B.

I don't have a computer! The systems I'm usually on are usually Windows XP. They all seem to be recent or somewhat recent computers. Sometimes everything works fine, and sometimes not. The one consistent thing is everytime I do something, I have to log in. For example, I log in to write a private message, then when I go to send it, I have to log in again. Sometimes it works fine, other times I get the above message, but when I backspace as the message says, whatever I wrote is gone. Same thing happens when I respond to a thread. The only time I don't remember it ever happening is when I started a new thread.

I can log into a network so everything is done from one site, but I'd prefer not to.

BTW, it's not computer specific to which ones I'm using. It can happen on any of them. Are passwords tied in anyway to computer id's or internet id's? Could it be since these are always changing it effects my login somehow? I log in for banking and bill paying from different places all the time and I've never had this problem except at this site.

When you get done typing your message or post or whatever it may be, but before you send it, right-click on your message, hit Select All, right-click on it again and hit Copy.

Then when you go to send your message if it doesn't go and you lose it, at least you'll still have it "in the mouse" (in the Clipboard) so you can simply paste it if you need to try to send again.

That's some good advice right there.

The problem happens when you spend some time writing and you are then logged out. It hasn't happened to me in a while as the computer will re-log me in. But I have lost posts and messages in the past, so I always copy long messages before sending them. It always helps to have a back-up plan.

There's your problem, right there.

I've had my share of them. I currently live on the road and they are too much hassle to lug around imo. My las laptop was stolen out of the Double Tree in Philly. The heck with it.

Copying is a good idea. The last message I lost to you Ken I spent about an hour writing so it makes sense that I'm getting logged out. Thanks to you also Toad for the suggestion.

Ken, have you ever had a student that had suffered a serious head trauma? I'm going to meet up with a Marine that's just come home and this one is outside of my experience. Private message me if you, or anyone else that has any information that might be helpful.

Thanks.

Back