Aquarian Lost Carmine Appice

LedFoot65

Head Questions with no end...
and Evans found him. Carmine Appice switched to Evans after all these years.Why do you think he switched?

$$$$$$$ is probably why, and Evans heads are easier to get a hold of. Disappointing though!

I liked the Carmine sig. heads.
I wonder if they will still make them with a regular logo.

Carmine must just have cut a better deal with Evans and their bigger budget for clinic support and ad promotion.
Both companies have a quality product, so I doubt that it had anything to do with Aquarian's quality.

I liked the Carmine sig. heads.
I wonder if they will still make them with a regular logo.

Carmine must just have cut a better deal with Evans and their bigger budget for clinic support and ad promotion.
Both companies have a quality product, so I doubt that it had anything to do with Aquarian's quality.

The Aquarians are still available so I'd stock up on them before the stock is depleted.

and Evans found him. Carmine Appice switched to Evans after all these years.Why do you think he switched?

Why does Carmine ever switch?

He has endorsed Paiste, Zildjian and Sabian at different times.

On drums, he's endorsed
Ludwig
Slingerland
Ludwig again
Pearl
Premier
Mapex
Slingerland
Ddrum

And on sticks, he went from a signature model from Regal tip to Vic Firth.

Carmine Appice name had nothing to do with the reason of why I choose Aquarian as my brand of choice. Only the product,sound, quality and customer services were counted in the decision.

BTW, Who's Carmine ?

LOL, just kidding :p

I think Carmine got to the point of money talks the bullshit walks.

Goodbye Aquarian.........Hello Evans!

I think Carmine got to the point of money talks the bullshit walks.

Goodbye Aquarian.........Hello Evans!

Carmine was at that point YEARS ago haha!
He probably STARTED at that point!

It's a business, and Evans could just offer him more, or more than Aquarian was prepared, or wanted to.

He probably told the people at Aquarian that he was far more influential than Bonham. When he received a blank stare it may have seemed he needed to get back in the press in an effort to remain relevant. Evans may even make him a signature bucket.

He's shameless with his ever changing product endorsements. Just curious if anyone has ever read or heard an interview with Carmine where he didn't take credit for Bonham's sound. "I got him the big Ludwig kit, he copped the bass drum triplets from me, blah, blah, blah". Enough already, shut up and play your drums.

He's shameless with his ever changing product endorsements. Just curious if anyone has ever read or heard an interview with Carmine where he didn't take credit for Bonham's sound. "I got him the big Ludwig kit, he copped the bass drum triplets from me, blah, blah, blah". Enough already, shut up and play your drums.

The only problem is that Bonhan DID cop a crap load of stuff from Carmine.
The thing at the end of R&R is almost a direct copy of something at the end of a VF song (Shotgun I think) Carmine did.

I'm not saying that pointing it out all the time can't be a bit annoying, but it's true.

The only problem is that Bonhan DID cop a crap load of stuff from Carmine.
The thing at the end of R&R is almost a direct copy of something at the end of a VF song (Shotgun I think) Carmine did.

I'm not saying that pointing it out all the time can't be a bit annoying, but it's true.

And from Earl Palmer and Bernard Purdie, but you don't hear them constantly seeking credit (Yes, I know Earl Palmer is Dead). Bottomline: Bonham did it better and with more style than his contemporaries that's why he is universally accepted as the best rock drummer ever. Even though Carmine is a great drummer he is not in the same class as Bonham and he comes off as arrogant and jealous the more he tries to seek credit for Bonham's style.

And from Earl Palmer and Bernard Purdie, but you don't hear them constantly seeking credit (Yes, I know Earl Palmer is Dead). Bottomline: Bonham did it better and with more style than his contemporaries that's why he is universally accepted as the best rock drummer ever. Even though Carmine is a great drummer he is not in the same class as Bonham and he comes off as arrogant and jealous the more he tries to seek credit for Bonham's style.

You'll get no argument from me on it.

Very well put. Also I think it helps Bonham's cause that Zeppelin is just a smidge more bad-ass than Vanilla Fudge. Uh..yeah.

What I want to know is what janitorial supply company Carmine endorses for the plastic buckets and metal garbage cans used by that GOD-awful STOMP rip-off group he put together for that MD Festival....????

Very well put. Also I think it helps Bonham's cause that Zeppelin is just a smidge more bad-ass than Vanilla Fudge. Uh..yeah.

What I want to know is what janitorial supply company Carmine endorses for the plastic buckets and metal garbage cans used by that GOD-awful STOMP rip-off group he put together for that MD Festival....????

Walmart. Carmine Appice signature *$#% cans.

I'm surprised to see this turn into a "Let's rip on Carmine" thread. Regardless of who's gear he uses/has used, the guy has made a huge contribution to the drumming community with his Realistic Rock method book alone. Countless drummers (myself included!) started out with this book when we first began playing on the kit.

I'm surprised to see this turn into a "Let's rip on Carmine" thread. Regardless of who's gear he uses/has used, the guy has made a huge contribution to the drumming community with his Realistic Rock method book alone. Countless drummers (myself included!) started out with this book when we first began playing on the kit.

Maybe you're little bit right with his Realistic Rock Method but what this thread shows too, is not to take the Guy too much seriously ;-)

Yes, I started on his books too.

And don't see anyone trying to deny his status as a big contribute to the drumming community. Most of us just wish we could write a hit song like he did.

But his accomplishments don't take away from the facts that he switches endorsements more often than most, and he can come off as brash in interviews when discussing Bonham.

Carmine has a whole long list of great things he can talk about, but he's the one who seems to harp on the Bonham thing in every interview over his other accomplishments.

He co-wrote "Young Turks" with Rod Steward, yet the song features a drum machine and Carmine isn't in the video. There has to be a fascinating story there, yet that is rarely mentioned.

Most all of what Bonham did was not original... even the hand drumming solo he lifted from Joe Morello.

Carmine is still alive/playing/teaching, that's more than can be said of Bonham.
There's no such thing as 'best rock drummer ever', even so Carmine has accomplished more than Bonham musically.

Arrogant? Get outta heeere! Give him (Appice) that, he's an italian from Brooklyn.

Jealous? That'd be like saying Bernard Purdie is jealous b/c he spouts off he overdubbed 21 BEATLES tracks per Brain Epsteins request.

Bottom line really is (unless he seriously developed his vocabulary) Bonham no way in hell could have done what Purdie has accomplished, or probably even Appice. Bonhams signature was way too one dimensional and then add to that his inability to play different styles.

Bonham sounded great in ZEPPELIN, I just don't see that same happening with say STEELY DAN... but 'maybe' David Gilmour.

I've got the Realistic Rock book too, and I ackowledge his achievements, including the Octa-plus kit, even though he 'borrowed' that from Hal Blaine's 'monster' kit. But musicians are always borrowing from each other. The list of players who are 100% original is... nonexistent. Everything is borrowed and extrapolated from something/someone else.

Anyway, anytime Carmine is mentioned, there's a good chance people will rip on him, particularly about the Bonham association, and his repeated endorsement changes (which certainly fits this thread.)

Love him or hate him, he's a controversial guy.

Bermuda

Back