reti2.jpg

reti3.jpg

reti4.jpg

Sizes (diameter x depth)

- 2pcs 22x18 BD's
- 12 x 8 and 13 x 9 TT's
- 16 x 16 and 18 x 16 FT's
- 14 x 6.5 SD

The drums are custom made, I designed them, got the shells made for me, bought the hardware, modified where needed and put them all together myself.

If you can, could you tell me where you sourced the metal bass hoop?
Well, I'm assuming they/re some sort of metal. They certainly don't look like wood from what I saw.

Beautiful set, btw.
Nice work.

One other question:
Did you do the bearing edges yourself?
If so, was there any major difference from wood while cutting?
I've been thinking of doing an acrylic bop kit, just because I've never seen one before.

Beautifu kit! Reminds me of the Ludwig clear Vistas. I'm currently restoring a set of B/O badge Ludwig Vistalites in the "Tequila Sunrise" pattern.
A couple of items you might want to pick up in order to maintain your new kit are bottles of Novus # 1 Acrylic Polish and Novus # 2 Scratch Remover. Just go to your nearest Harley Davidson dealer. They carry this product. It works wonders.

I assume they are seamless, extruded shells? I've played a set of those once, and they sound awesome. Great work, and nice hardware.

These look amazing...vistalites are the same thing I thought of initially. That was the kit I wanted as a boy, but my folks would not allow a kit in the house :(. I am curious as well about their sound? Did you make these? either way what a beautiful kit

CudleeMan said:
If you can, could you tell me where you sourced the metal bass hoop?

Did you do the bearing edges yourself?

From a customshop in Germany, called ST-Drums, I bought most of the stuff thru them

No I ordered them with specified edges done already, I lack the tools and expertice to do them myself :)

radeq said:
how does it sound?

Hmm, well the initial hit sound is very fast and loud with very little overtones, focused you might say, sound dies away quite fast (well, depends on the heads ofc) maybe they sound a bit like triggered drums with short clear sound ? Using single layer heads and tuning them high again makes the sound much longer with a long sustain.

One thing with acrylic drums (in my experience) is that you have to "play them open" the sound opens up on the shells in due time

Big_Philly said:
I assume they are seamless, extruded shells?

No, these have seams, they are just very well made :) I prefer acrylic shells done this way as it (again in my opinion) leaves some tension on the shells that affect the sound.

virveli.jpg

there you can see the seam

drumhead61 said:
Did you make these?

Yes, altho I didn't manufacture the parts myself.

Designed them, ordered them to my exact specifications, modifed some hardware (eg. optimounts) and put them all together.

Wow, that is the most beautiful kit i've seen. Love you kit to bits and totally want it!

What you've done there is Exactly what im doing . . !

Are those RCI shells?
and just a couple of question .......
Do you get much low end from the bass drum (i'm tempted to go 22x20?) What ive heard from acrilic kicks, there wanst that much "ballsy" low end. Whats the crack?

And talkin of Crack, snare drum . . 6 and a half deep? what sort of tones are you getting there? with that clear head on i no its probley as bright as you like, but have you tried with a coated or smooth?

Cheers
Dan

By The Way ___ Smashing Looking Kit There Boss! ;-)

Is one allowed to put coated heads on clear drums??

We put clear heads on coated drums don't we? : )

Beautiful drums! Acrylics just look too cool on stage. You need another bass pedal!

Clear and blue are my favorite colors for acrylic drums. I've never played on one before, but I want to someday. Actually Evans has all those frosted heads these days that would be nice on these kits.

Back