Blake Richardson

I've been listening to BTBAM since their ST (2002). Blake is better than their old drummer. he used to play for a band called glass casket. metalcore is my favourite genre of music.

I've seen them live every time they've played in the UK, most recently being their sole london date, where they were the only band playing. they played most of colors, great misdirect and all the good old songs like mordecai & selkies. blake played pretty much perfectly in every song. he's a nice guy too (the whole band is).

He's a good drummer.
If you ever have the chance to see them live then do it, you won't be disappointed.

No one else has heard this guy? He's one of the finest prog. metal drummers out right now, and like the others said, with every album he releases, his parts are getting more and more amazing.

He really has a great feel of when to go all out and when to hold back and control.

I know he's highly rated amongst young metal drummers, I don't think drummerworld typically has this kind of audience, which may explain the lack of fandom :)

edit: If anyone would be interested in other drummers of this genre (and related genres), then I would happily post a list.

Last edited:
i love blake richardson he is my inspiration although i play differently all together

I'm not much of a metal guy. However Blake is definitely one one of THE best metal drummers (and I'm sure he's more than capable of playing many styles) out there. A large part of the reason I'm not a fan of metal music is because of the strict focus of the double bass patterns while their hands are basically just keeping time. Blake and a few others, in my opinion, are doing some mind numbing stuff though. Full limb independence type of stuff.

I was about to throw out a Blake page until I saw this one. I feel that, even in the metal circuit, he doesn't get the rep he deserves. Ants of the Sky is some amazing work.

I first saw him play on a BTBAM, Hella, and Dillinger triple bill (when Chris was still in Dillinger). I had never heard of him or the band and I was floored. I was able to stand directly above him in the mezzanine of the venue and I could watch his every move. It was as if he was practicing during the songs as he would switch from left to right foot lead and left to right hand lead seemingly at random and sometimes even in the middle of passages.

Truly an amazing player.

Saw BTBAM live and I was blown away. It was about 4 years ago and they touring to support Colors. They were great. I think Blake is fantastic, and he's shown a real maturation in his playing as the band progresses with every album.

your son plays very well Loren, I have seen his videos on youtube before. you and him should be very proud. make sure he joins a good band.

Back