28" kick drum and the Process of the Kit

theberzh

This is the new drum kit I built. The pictures are of the process. The 28" bass drum is very very big.

67062013.jpg

88452897.jpg

031me.jpg

37672967.jpg

10483795.jpg

29378902.jpg

13689914.jpg

79683681.jpg

95296050.jpg

63405334.jpg

41093370.jpg

38778847.jpg

68517532.jpg

58045046.jpg

44434207.jpg

49431865.jpg

45164647.jpg

Last edited:
Love the paint job. Letting the wood grain show thru like that. Beautiful. And is that a snare throw off on the floor tom? Very cool !!! I love "thinking outside the box" like that, also. Kudos. Actually, all the drums have throw-offs. Wow.

Last edited:
What a behemoth... really big set. What stands out most to me is that every (?) drum has snare wires on it. Did I see this right? Please give us more info on the set, what you use it for (Blue Grass?) and how it sounds. It's really something else!

Very unique looking kit mate. Any sound files? I'd be really interested to hear all the toms with the wires engaged. I've not seen a kit with wires on all toms before. Definitley a new one for me!!

Congrats on a job well done...and yeah, as I said, would love to hear it if you organise a sound demo for us.

Thanks for showing us your work....cheers.

Very nice job. 14 lugs on the BD, beavertails all around. Snares on all the toms. Trick throwoffs. Clean and beefy hardware.

Superb choices and very unique.

Kudos to you.

Now send me your cymbals and I'll hammer 'em up for you to complete your custom set up. :) Kidding (maybe one day) I have been hammering my ass off though so PM me.

Last edited:
WOW, F ME....their beautiful!

Yes it looks like snare wires on all drums, except the bass....did you forget one?
LOL.

Tell us MORE....

that's the most unique kit I've ever seen!!!

what's the points of having snare wires in your toms ? what kind of music do you play

what's the points of having snare wires in your toms ? what kind of music do you play

Can't speak for his use - but I find it just more options not married to a particular type of music

[ I run some yamahahaha side snares as my toms -- now I'm probably on the other end of the spectrum as far as "thunder drums" -- I kind of like the dry sort of boxy, almost timbalito-like sound out of a std-depth snare with the snares off.
whereas it looks lke the OP is set up for with thunder Thunder THUNDERdrums hoooo!!!!! - looks like a VERY nice job BTW ]

It can just give you some neat tonal variation (you can throw to a different snare as an accent instead of just camping out on your primary)

and/or you can kind of "reconfigure" the kit on the fly (deeper snare sound on this , or bright snare on that with others acting as toms. Or just throw on all snares for a different texture for fills and such). I esp like it b/c the wife runs a fairly standard kit and when we play together, the options allow me to differentiate from her tonally so we dont "step on each other's sound"

I love the colour, sized and lugs! Not a big fan of the logo though. I would use an ebony head for kick reso :)

Phenomenal well done, that looks and i bet sounds sweet too!

I want to like this kit, but damn, finishing the interiors that yellow looks absolutely awful. Doing the interiors in black or leaving them natural would have been great. Good thing is, you can always sand them back down.

I love that kit!~
I don't think I'd personally use the wires on the toms, but the sure would be nice to have in case I did!
That finish is amazing too!
I think that the yellow interior helps the round the kit out, aesthetically, with your clear heads.
You HAVE to give us the specs though!
Please? :(

VERY cool!

I loved playing a 28 for a lot of years...I just got sick of hauling it!

My 20x28 used to scare people when I took it out of the case, but yours will make them drop a load!
Looks like a 22 or 24" depth?

I like the wires on all the drums too. Special tuning needed to get everything to sound good?

As everyone else said...specs!

Like the pic of you with the spray gun too. Very stylish.

Those drums are sweet. Feels like an exotic car. I want to drive it. You should be proud. You did a wonderful job, a true testament to craftsmanship.

The reso head is cool as hell. Horns up, dude! Don't listen to the holy folks.

The post the specs and a sound bite.

Did you build the shells or are they Kellers?

Kit looks wonderful.

Back