How to get drum clinic at local store

jimmyC

Our local store "Jackson Music" in North Carolina says they want to investigate possiblity of having drum clinic. They want suggestions/requests. Other area stores have had Chambers, Bozzio, Fig, Famularo, Arnoff in the last few years but things have really gone quiet around here. I know there is a lot involved including money, timing, and shear luck. How can I best help them? Thanks for ideas.

Jeff is correct.

IU have been responsible for organising around half a dozen clinics for my workplace, and even got to PLAY at one of them alongside the legendary Dom Famularo! :)

Mostly, it will be about supplier relationships. In the case of Dom, I had to ensure he was going to be in the region and available (He was playing the Australian Ultimate Drummers Weekend, so I rang the wholesalers for Mapex and Sabian and got them to help tee it up.

So far Ive hosted Dom Famularo, Jojo Mayer, Kenny Aronoff, Will Calhoun, Mike Portnoy (signing), Tomas Haake (signing), Johnny Rabb and John Blackwell.

Its worth re-iterating that the suppliers are an INTEGRAL part of making these things happen, and you probably wont have much luck unless you are dealing with those brands in your store.

Best of luck!

Back