Drummerworld gives great advice!

PlayTheSong

After a 30 year break, I started drumming in a community concert band last January. Playing regularly with others and recording the practices has helped me improve much more than only practicing at home. And while I only have time for this one band in my life right now, I've been invited to join two other community bands and to sit in with a local big band. Very gratifying! Maybe I'll have time for other bands when I retire.

It just shows to go ya', take the advice of the experts here if you possibly can.

Play with others.
Be reliable and friendly.
Broaden your musical horizons
Befriend other musicians.
Have fun at it.

Your playing will improve and opportunities will come if you have even a modicum of talent.

Thanks to all the helpful folks here!

Good for you man, gratitude is the attitude.

Growing musically and growing personally go hand in hand. Growth is a beautiful thing.

This IS a great community. I've learned TONS of things here, and everyone is so generous.

Indeed! Glad things are working well for you PlayTheSong. Appreciate your contribution as well.

It is a great community, great drummers/musicians here have helped me considerably this past year. Re-discovering my passion, and finding many real opportunities to play with other passionate musicians. Will not be slowing anytime soon.

That's awesome to hear! Great that you are back and enjoying playing again.

The wisdom and knowledge found in the DW forum is beyond priceless. We don't often stop to say thanks for the time and thoughtfullness contributors and the administrators( who are both) put in to help others ,so along with the others. Thanks.

After a 30 year break, I started drumming in a community concert band last January. Playing regularly with others and recording the practices has helped me improve much more than only practicing at home. And while I only have time for this one band in my life right now, I've been invited to join two other community bands and to sit in with a local big band. Very gratifying! Maybe I'll have time for other bands when I retire.

It just shows to go ya', take the advice of the experts here if you possibly can.

Play with others.
Be reliable and friendly.
Broaden your musical horizons
Befriend other musicians.
Have fun at it.

Your playing will improve and opportunities will come if you have even a modicum of talent.

Thanks to all the helpful folks here!

PlayTheSong, you sound like a great guy. Thanks for being part of the forum.

Hear, Hear!!

Congrats on your experience and successes so far. Your continued great attitude will take you far.

Back