Drum and Cymbal polish?

Mike7300

Im looking for a cymbal polish that will not take off the brand name that is on the cymbals if it is applied. And also what is a good drum polish?

Thanks!

50-50 mix of lemon juice and vinegar for cymbals. Smear it around with a soaked paper towel, let it sit for about 2 minutes then rinse and dry thoroughly. Cheap, no chemicals and works great. I've done it about every 6 months over the last few years and hasn't affected my logos.
album.php

I have tried a few things but to really get rid of the grime with the least amount of work I have found the Zildjian cymbal cleaner works the best (the old cream in a tube was better) but yo do have to stay away from the logos. The cheaper Sabian cymbal cleaner works really good on hardware. As for polish I use a good guitar polish for the shells, stay away from furniture polish, musical instruments have a different finish than furniture and sometimes stuff like pledge, etc, can yellow or soften the lacquer finish and or cause it to dull or crackle. Google polishing lacquer finish musical instruments, they all say to stay away from furniture polish.

oh ok, i already own a gibson guitar polish. I can just use that for my drums and not have to buy the drum polish?

50-50 mix of lemon juice and vinegar for cymbals. Smear it around with a soaked paper towel, let it sit for about 2 minutes then rinse and dry thoroughly. Cheap, no chemicals and works great. I've done it about every 6 months over the last few years and hasn't affected my logos.
album.php

Citric & Ascorbic acid, and Acetic acid. Rinsed with H2O.

(Pet peeve, sorry)

Excellent use of naturally-occurring chemical solutions, however.

oh ok, i already own a gibson guitar polish. I can just use that for my drums and not have to buy the drum polish?

Yep, works perfect, Ive used the Gibson myself as well as Goodfellows and a couple others, car wax works good too but its a lot more work and will also cause a build up after several years of using it.

Back