Online Lessons: Opinions please

Pat Petrillo

Silver Member
Hi everyone!

As my "Groovalution" Lesson Packs are about to go live at www.patpetrillo.com, I have a question for those who purchased lesson packs from any other teachers..

1) Are they downloaded or streaming ?

2) Would it matter if they are streaming and accessible with a password, or would want it ONLY DOWNLOAD to your computer?

3) How much is a fair price for individual lessons and for 8 lessons in a pack? (Sorry, $1.99 each is just a tad undervalued, so, that won't be the starting point)

I will be offering the pdf of the beat and mp3 play alongs as a separate downloads.

I realize everyone may do it differently and at different prices, so I am trying to get a sample of opinions

Opinions?

There is an overview of the program on site. Check it out and register for the eNewsletter and get a FREE GROOVE LESSON!

www.patpetrillo.com

THANKS!
Pat

Hi everyone!

As my "Groovalution" Lesson Packs are about to go live at www.patpetrillo.com, I have a question for those who purchased lesson packs from any other teachers..

1) Are they downloaded or streaming ?

2) Would it matter if they are streaming and accessible with a password, or would want it ONLY DOWNLOAD to your computer?

3) How much is a fair price for individual lessons and for 8 lessons in a pack? (Sorry, $1.99 each is just a tad undervalued, so, that won't be the starting point)

I will be offering the pdf of the beat and mp3 play alongs as a separate downloads.

I realize everyone may do it differently and at different prices, so I am trying to get a sample of opinions

Opinions?

There is an overview of the program on site. Check it out and register for the eNewsletter and get a FREE GROOVE LESSON!

www.patpetrillo.com

THANKS!
Pat

I am most likely not going to purchase your product, but:

1) I like the idea of downloading.

2) I don't see the purpose of having it stream from a website using a password. If I can download it I can access it without needing the internet. Which is a huge deal to me.

3) I also hate the idea of having to purchase each lesson separately. It makes sense though, I only pay for lessons I want. I just hate the idea.

password
streamed or downloaded
multiple qualitys, e.g. 320, 486, etc (encase of slower internet)
8 quality lessons? $4.99

I consider myself to be fortunate to have an internet connection, and I download from the internet on a daily basis. Excuse me, but from the point of view of the possessor of an obligatorily "slow" dial-up connection, the idea of "streaming" something from the internet appears to be some sort of a joke.

I consider myself to be fortunate to have an internet connection, and I download from the internet on a daily basis. Excuse me, but from the point of view of the possessor of an obligatorily "slow" dial-up connection, the idea of "streaming" something from the internet appears to be some sort of a joke.

yeah pretty much. that's why you need downloads too.
even if its only a lower quality quick time file
don't give away some 1080p 320 kbp/s audio for the same price! release it on dvd instead

Back