Editing with the ZOOM Q3 camera

Foxxy66

Hey guys, I could really use some help. I got the ZOOM Q3 video camera from a friend today and it's pretty damn cool, but unfortunately, it seems to save everything as a Quicktime file, but I want to add the cover song's music in as well rather than just upload it with the drums by themselves. PC user here, so I have no amazing Apple technology that will help, and when I've tried to convert the files, the quality becomes a total mess. Can anyone help me out here?!

That's the only drawback to that camera, the crappy software that comes with it. I record my band's shows with it and while the videos and audio are great, I need to slice the sets into individual songs for upload to Youtube.

I ended up paying the $30 for Quicktime Pro and while it is much easier to trim the full-length videos down to individual songs, the resultant MOV files uploaded to youtube have audio and video horribly out of synch! I've tried exporting them to AVI or MPG but then they lose a lot of video resolution and become very pixelated.

Anyone have any suggestions??

So I guess I'm unlikely to find anything for free then... What a pity, such an awesome camera is ruined by crap software. Grr!

Hey guys, I could really use some help. I got the ZOOM Q3 video camera from a friend today and it's pretty damn cool, but unfortunately, it seems to save everything as a Quicktime file, but I want to add the cover song's music in as well rather than just upload it with the drums by themselves. PC user here, so I have no amazing Apple technology that will help, and when I've tried to convert the files, the quality becomes a total mess. Can anyone help me out here?!

Lightworks! I have it on the Windows partition of my laptop. I haven't used it, but it should be right up your street. And it's free whilst it's in Beta.

Back