Drum Maker.com-Andy Foote-Consider Yourselves Warned

Status
Not open for further replies.

vyacheslav

Greetings Everyone,

I just want to spread the word that I, and many people in the drumming community have been completely ripped off by Andy Foote and Drummaker.com (Drum Supply House) in Nashville, TN.

He has had a huge amount of complaints on the Central Tennessee Better Business Bureau site, and based on other conversations in other forums I belong to (as well as two people I know personally), Andy has been screwing people left and right; taking people's hard earned money and not delivering any product or services.

I placed an order with him on October 4th. After no product was delivered by mid-November, I asked for a refund. It has been nearly a month, and after several phone calls and emails, I still don't have my refund (nor do I have any product). Sadly, this scenario has played itself out over, and over and over again. Sad, but true. Check out this thread from another forum I belong to (my username is the same on that forum).

http://www.vintagedrumforum.com/showthread.php?t=38740

Also, check out this story from the local Fox affiliate in Nashville. Andy is at his best here. One lame excuse after another:

http://fox17.com/template/cgi-bin/a...-stories/stories/archive/2013/11/08umgC43.xml

I can't believe that someone who claims to be "part of a community" and "wants all of us to stick together" can be such a liar, cheater and crook. Don't ever, EVER do business with him. He has made the same excuses over and over again (just moved the shop, family tragedy, employee problems). I don't mean to make light of those issues, but he has been saying them for so long (and has lied to me so many times before) that he is like the boy who cried wolf. I don't believe him anymore. Seriously, how can you keep using the "I just moved the shop" excuse when the shop move was 6+ months ago?

This is not a thread to simply slam Andy or his business just on a whim. He is screwing drummers just like us out of our money, and I am tired of him getting away with it. This is not the first time it has happened to me, and shame on me for actually trusting him again. Stay away from Andy and his business; he is nothing but a liar, excuse maker and downright thief.

Last edited:
Last year I waited 6 months for 4 drum heads, hoops, tension rods and lugs which were all supposedly "in stock" when I ordered them. When I started to press him via phone calls, unbelievably, my parts arrived. The heads took another month to show up. If I remember correctly, "He had to put his dog down and things have been crazy here lately..." I tried to warn the forums back then as well.

That's too bad. They've been around quite a few years. Thanks for the heads up.

File a dispute with your credit card company to get your money back. Tell them what's been happening and what you are being told by Andy.

Yikes!

I'm in the process of beginning a drum build and have spent many hours on several sites pricing supplies including Drum Maker. Thank you for the head's up.

It's been a few years since I did business with Andy, and the service was stellar. I wonder what happened?

Bermuda

First Midwest Percussion, now these guys. I bought all of my lugs, legs, and mounts from them when I rebuilt my kit. quick and easy. too bad.

Over the years I've gotten things from Andy, and was a member of his forum way back when the DIY boom was bursting back in the early 90s. I never had any 'major' problems.

Parts suppliers have a thorn in their side - China. Everything comes from China, much of it made, like lugs and other cast parts, literally, in dirt-floor shops (I know. I had the dirt in cartons of lugs one time). China may have some super hi-tech manufacturing happening. Drum parts are not generally part of that. Anybody ordering brass lugs and hoops and getting them all scratched up knows that. Even chrome parts can arrive scratched up.

I've had stuff ordered from different retailers sitting on the ocean, or on the docks, waiting to be sent out to frustrated suppliers. Just the way it is.

Now, if Andy is not functioning with integrity and honesty in business, that's another matter. But purchasing drum parts from any retailer can be a hassle.

After reading 7 pages of posts at VDF I have to wonder if Andy is in over his head with things. If the events he describes are true, that is one lengthy strain of bad fortune. That would take it's mental, emotional, and physical toll on anyone. If he is doing everything himself now and is busy (I get the regular emails) he's probably burnt out and depressed from it all, which could cause further avoidance of issues.

I'm not making excuses for him. Just pondering reasons. An "F" with the BBB is no laughing matter. Maybe he just needs someone close to him to hit him upside the head and tell him to snap out of it and run his business correctly.

I have had problems with Mr. Andy Foote as well . He will get your money ...but you won't get any product. It took awhile but I finally managed to my $ back from this guy.
I now use" drum factory direct," aka, d.f.d. I have spent thousands with them. The orders arrive on time and in excellent condition.

File a dispute with your credit card company to get your money back. Tell them what's been happening and what you are being told by Andy.

You have a limited window in which to do this and once closed you're out of luck. Three guesses as to how I know this and the first two don't count!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back