Beatnik Rhythmic Analyzer-the key to PREFECT timing??

bonhamdrummer123

Anyone ever check this out? I was looking for kick drum practice pads on musicians friend and saw this. It can apparently record every stroke and show you dynamics, accuracy to within 1-7 512th notes, and saves every stroke you make and has a really good metronome. I wasn't planning on getting this because it's quite steep in price but I was just wondering if anyone has tried this and what can it do exactly.......I know I put PREFECT in the title but I don't think I can edit it. I'm sorry in advance.

Beatnik are a great company and the product is spectacular. It is very humbling when after playing for many, many years, you play 16th note singles at 120 bbm and the machine tels you you are 72% accurate! Consistent practise with the Beatnik will really bring on your accuracy and its multiple settings keep it interesting.

Paul

Unfortunately no, their is no external support, just the pad.

I will say that it is the most amazing practice device I have ever used. It is merciless. Great for discovering where your perception and reality of your playing do not meet.

Ok, that's a shame but sounds like a great tool regardless. I'm thinking about buying an e-kit for practice, but if I went with the Beatnik I would have a whole lot of money left for my acoustic kit :)

I read it's not great at identifying flams. So besides rolls and stick control patterns, what else can you practice with it? I understand the 1200 model is significantly better than the 800, yeah?

The Roland TD4 V-drum kits has a coaching mode that analyses your screwups. Much more pricey but you get a full practice kit that can also function in certain types of bands.

There's a Johnny Rabb demo vid on YouTube. As a comfort for Paul, even a beast player like Johnny only scored 80-something % accuracy (to his horror) when he played a line and it still sounded good to me.

Cool, yea and the ability to record with it at home is a bonus. I haven't had a go on the TD4 yet. I've played a TD9 and liked the scope function which the lower modules don't have. I'll do some reading on this coach function :)

Back