App to measure the angle of snare drum

I used to play with a flat snare. I would just place a stick across the drum,from hoop to hoop. If it didn't roll,it was close enough.

I used to play with a flat snare. I would just place a stick across the drum,from hoop to hoop. If it didn't roll,it was close enough.

Hey, finally someone comes up with a good idea !!!

Wouldn't a glass marble be better? A ball bearing could be subject to magnetic interference...

Yes, a glass marble would work good! I would try this, but I can't find a marble. Apparently I've lost all my marbles.

Despite losing your marbles Jim, I hope you still have your bearings.

Ha !!

My mother, grandmother and uncle died from Alzheimer’s.
So I expect to eventually lose all of my marbles and my bearings.

But if you swipe the app let it is a level.........

I read these threads from the perspective of I don't know anything, or from the perspective of there's 100K ppl on DRUMMERWORLD, there's probably someone who doesn't know there's a level app 'inside' the iPhone Compass app.

Reading all the previous posts about the iPhone Compass (and not a level), one could easily wonder how you'd level a snare drum with a compass if you didn't know there was a level app behind it.

This reminds me of when I worked retail. We had a customer that brought a triple beam scale in to weigh sticks when he bought them. Took him forever to pick out a couple of pair. He should have put that time into practicing......

Ha !!

My mother, grandmother and uncle died from Alzheimer’s.
So I expect to eventually lose all of my marbles and my bearings.

It's not going to happen to you because you're a drummer (brain plasticity) Your Dad didn't get it did he?

This reminds me of when I worked retail. We had a customer that brought a triple beam scale in to weigh sticks when he bought them. Took him forever to pick out a couple of pair. He should have put that time into practicing......

Wow a 3 beam lol. I thought me rolling the sticks was a little much. Hey more power to him, whatever makes you happy, right?

Back