Top Gear

gusty

Platinum Member
Any other fans? I love this show, all the things they do with the cars, challenges, stunts, fast driving, and most importantly the hosts. I think it's pretty popular in Australia (shown 3 times a week) so I'm guessing it's huge in the UK?

Outstanding bits:
Amphibious Cars Part 1
Polar Special
Winter Olympics

I'm a big fan (U.K series only), my favourite episodes have probably been the specials, the Vietnam special was brilliant.

I find you don't have to like cars to like Top Gear (I'm not a petrol head) the show is just that entertaining and that comedic that anyone can sit down and watch it.

I love Jeremy Clarksons very un-politically correct ways

Last edited:
Big fan of the U.K. series(the only one imo). I like their episode specials. Especially the Thailand and Jungle ones.

Yeah, I'm a big fan (of the UK version), and I don't even have the slightest interest in cars. I just really enjoy the humour and the dynamic between the three hosts :)

I've only seen one episode of the Australian series, pretty boring. Do they make any different versions?

I've only seen one episode of the Australian series, pretty boring. Do they make any different versions?

A couple, Top Gear Germany is pretty huge (In Germany, Belgium and Austria)

A couple, Top Gear Germany is pretty huge (In Germany, Belgium and Austria)

Oh right, I remember seeing jeremy, james and richard go against three germans from another car show, I never realised it was Top Gear Germany. Another great episode haha.

I find you don't have to like cars to like Top Gear (I'm not a petrol head) the show is just that entertaining and that comedic that anyone can sit down and watch it.

Yeah, I'm a big fan (of the UK version), and I don't even have the slightest interest in cars. I just really enjoy the humour and the dynamic between the three hosts :)

+3.

My wife loves it too........A CAR SHOW?!?!? Who would have thought!

Highly entertaining.

I've only seen one episode of the Australian series, pretty boring.

Aussie series was a joke. I notice it hasn't returned. Hopefully it stays that way.

+3.

My wife loves it too........A CAR SHOW?!?!? Who would have thought!

Highly entertaining.

Aussie series was a joke. I notice it hasn't returned. Hopefully it stays that way.

I didn't hate the Aussie series, I just thought it had too much to live up to, it couldn't match the U.K presenters (but did a pretty decent go at it) or budget.

I didn't hate the Aussie series, I just thought it had too much to live up to, it couldn't match the U.K presenters (but did a pretty decent go at it) or budget.

They lost me when they drove a Maserati (from memory) to Sorrento..........along the traffic light abundant Nepean Highway............at 60km/h!! Hardly compelling viewing for mine.

But yes, a tough act to follow.

I do like cars, especially the planet killing variety, so I love Top Gear even more. Best show on TV. Got to love the critique of US cars. So true! & yes, Clarkson is straight out of the same mould as me. I'm about as anti PC as it gets.

I do like cars, especially the planet killing variety, so I love Top Gear even more. Best show on TV. Got to love the critique of US cars. So true! & yes, Clarkson is straight out of the same mould as me. I'm about as anti PC as it gets.

They like some U.S cars.

i love top gear and i didnt even know there was any other versions of it. my favourite episode has to be the recent special where they went all through bolivia . and the best quote although i cant remember which cars they were exactly. "the daewoo matiz while doing 50 can easily out run a lambo doing 30...."

One of the latest episodes that I really enjoyed was the one where they made their own car.

the one with the special seat for richard hammond? with the box to look out of?

Yeah, that one. They had some really funny episodes towards the end of last season, the Bolivia special was possibly the best one yet.

can you remember what they called the car they made? i know it was a pretty funny name but it escapes me at the moment ......

Geoff or something...

The mk.2 was the Hammerhead iFlower or some eco thing like that

Love the show. There are a few gems in each season, but there are never any real flops or bad episodes, persay. Just good ones and great ones.

And as I recall, they really loved the Roush Mustang :)

Back