Ludwig Gold Triumphal Snare

I'll take a shot in the dark and say that it'll run around 2K minimum. Looks too pretty to play, but it'd love to take a whack at it.

I would kill for it.

I'm surprised this ISN'T GETTING MORE ATTENTION!!!

Oohhh...that's purdy. That's a collector's snare. I wouldn't buy something like this simply because I couldn't haul it around and play the crap out of it.

The web site is great, I really enjoyed reading the step-by-step production process.

Unfortunately it will stay on the shelf with the 125th year Gretschs that I drooled over.
As I said in another post I don't know why they make people be millionares to celebrate their anniversaries.

I'll take a shot in the dark and say that it'll run around 2K minimum. Looks too pretty to play, but it'd love to take a whack at it.

Word on Drumsmith was that the list was about $7000 with very little margin for discount.

If you really want an AK drum (they are phenomenal; I have a Craviotto Diamond Series and it's also an AK shell) you should go through Adrian direct and save some money.

That Craviato Diamond snare is AMAZING!
One I drool over.
I was heartbroken when I was told the price....not saying it's not worth it, but man....

Word on Drumsmith was that the list was about $7000 with very little margin for discount.

If you really want an AK drum (they are phenomenal; I have a Craviotto Diamond Series and it's also an AK shell) you should go through Adrian direct and save some money.

You don't save much! Amazing drums, as you can see, but don't look at the price list.

71_4_high_stand_5x13.jpg

264_4_high_6.5x15_2008.jpg

47_4_high_fröde5x140001.JPG

A brief pause, now, while everyone goes and changes their underwear.

Wow...too bad they didn't release an anniversary snare that was actually affordable to more than just 1% of us drummers. The diamond Craviotto is less but still very expensive. I guess that's why I keep dreaming of someday owning my dream snare instead of just having it as my avatar !

I don't know if anyone else noticed this but....

the Ludwig Gold Triumphal has it's own web domain: http://www.goldtriumphal.com/

Sheesh.

Yes the price has got be prohibitive for most players (like me). But more than that, as another poster pointed out - where would you feel safe gigging with it? Probably just a recording session in a nice studio with heavy security. Then hardly anybody sees this wonderful piece of audio-visual jewelry. Will it sound like a $7k drum?

It's like being married to Halle Berry, dressing her in a bikini and bringing her into a bar, expecting no one to make a move while you aren't looking. The word that comes to mind is 'ostentatious'.

Beautiful drum but only of ultimate value for the Nigel Tufnel drum collector ("You mustn't touch it...NO don't look at it") :)

Jim

You don't save much! Amazing drums, as you can see, but don't look at the price list.

The Black Beauty lists for about $900-$1000 (USD) less than the street price of the Diamond Series. (And yes, I did convert EUR to USD...)

If we're strictly going off list price the list of an AK Black Beauty is about 50% or so of the Diamond Series list.

So yes, you do save a fair amount of money -- nearly 30%.

No one ever said high end snares are cheap though. ;) (... which is why the only real model I own in this range is the aforementioned Craviotto)

I don't know if anyone else noticed this but....

the Ludwig Gold Triumphal has it's own web domain: http://www.goldtriumphal.com/

Sheesh.

Yes the price has got be prohibitive for most players (like me). But more than that, as another poster pointed out - where would you feel safe gigging with it? Probably just a recording session in a nice studio with heavy security. Then hardly anybody sees this wonderful piece of audio-visual jewelry. Will it sound like a $7k drum?

It's like being married to Halle Berry, dressing her in a bikini and bringing her into a bar, expecting no one to make a move while you aren't looking. The word that comes to mind is 'ostentatious'.

Beautiful drum but only of ultimate value for the Nigel Tufnel drum collector ("You mustn't touch it...NO don't look at it") :)

Jim

You and I are entirely in agreement.

I think the 'collection' philosophy artificially pushes prices to an absurd degree. 60's Zildjians being a prime example of this, but in the guitar World, it's even more absurd. People pay £15,000 for a guitar that is ONLY fifty years old. My brother's girlfriend plays the 'Cello. Her 'Cello is worth around that sort of money, but it's well over one hundred years old - and it's an instrument she plays every day and whilst she certainly looks after it very well, it's not held in a case and never used.

Instruments are made to be played - and if they're not then - to me - there is simply no point in producing them at all. It's like the Stradavari violins that lie in display cases, but are still regarded as some of the finest ever made. Why display them? Surely they should be played? And fortunately, many of them are. When drums get into this sort of price range, I hear money hike and I hear ridiculous. I cannot justify it to anybody.

Personally I think it's an ugly drum. When I look at it I feel absolutely nothing. If I was at someone's house and they took it out to show it to me I'd feel rather embarassed for them. Big deal. I'm in no way impressed.

I'd love one of these, but I just read that they are going to go for 10,000 euros or about $13,000! Even after I sold my maple Dynasonic I didn't have enough to buy one of these puppies. Only 100 are being made, each one engraved with a different year for the100 years of Ludwig history. Pretty sweet if you ask me.

The snare is beautiful no doubt but it's a snare drum........PERIOD that price is way out of

line and you would not want to play it it's like a old Ferrari or Duesenberg beautiful cars but

you don't. want to drive them because they're so collectible $7000 for a snare, $15000 for a

guitar they're beautiful but they're instruments. you gotta have more money than brains IMHO

Bonzolead

Personally I think it's an ugly drum. When I look at it I feel absolutely nothing. If I was at someone's house and they took it out to show it to me I'd feel rather embarassed for them. Big deal. I'm in no way impressed.

With you there, I think they're incredibly ostentatious.

Back