Chopping and changing sticks!

JohnoFisher

Hey guys, i have been soo poor (being a standard musician) and not even been able to purchase sticks, i have inherited some from touring through other bands and that. the problem is i have gone through every single type of stick. Literally sizes from 2b's to 7a's. my wrists hurt alot and my playing is detirierating, would this be because of the sticks changing all the time. Aswell as i just got some Dave Weckls signatures Vic Firth, the coating is too slippy!

Johno

I think it's from banging too hard and breaking sticks and damaging your wrists and your hands are next.

It's not the tools, it's the way you use the tools. If your hands are in a death grip around the stick, you're absorbing the stick shocks through your fingers, wrists, forearms, elbows and shoulders. Bad technique causes injuries. You can play drums for a lifetime without injuries if you know how to work a drumstick in such a way that it doesnt hurt you. There are more ways than one to do that. If you're experiencing injuries, stop what you're doing RIGHT NOW and learn the right way. Tendonitis is no fun, ask Zambizzi. You have to let the stick absorb the shock, not your hands.

Back