Stanton Moore here

Re: Stanton Moore

When I put up the Stanton Moore videos on Drummerworld, there was such a run on it at Amazon, that all are sold out.

Well, if it's not true, would be a good story....

Bernhard

Re: Stanton Moore.

SpiderPine said:
is this song called Sprung Monkey...or is that the name of the group? Either way, its an awsome piece. http://www.drummerworld.com/Videos/stantonmooresprung.html

Sprung (I saw also Sprunk) Monkey is the title of a song (though there is a band called like that:) performed by, generally speaking, almost everyone who plays together with Stanton :). Galactic (http://faweb1.fastatmosphere.com/GO/av/realmedia/Galactic-SprungMonkey-102601_300.ram) - a must-see, and here, on Drummerworld, by Stanton along with The Dirty Dozen Brass Band, and some Stanton-friendly musicians probably (guitar, keyboard, bass) :), and Stanton as Stanton... recently by me and my band too :p.

sprung monkey

hey, i was listining to stanton moore's sprung monkey and was wondering if anyone had a tab or something the beat sounds pretty sweet and it would be fun to learn. thanks

max

Re: sprung monkey

the hand pattern is LLRLRLRR and that's what the lesson is based on for the dvd

not for sprung monkey, that's an entirely different hand pattern for other stuff

on the dvd he uses the llrlrlrr for sprung monkey

Ok soo he uses the LLRLRLRR hand pattern, does he just move that around the kit? Also any idea what strokes to accent soo i can get the feel of the groove, or the foot pattern? thanks alot guys

I haven't seen the dvd. I was jsut going by what i saw from the vids here. oh well. : )

Few months ago I've ordered both Stanton's DVD's on Amazon.com. Now they tell me that they "won't be able to obtain" it. So now I'm searching for some other internet shops, and I even found one - Musicroom.com (they have a nice price - I don't know them though), but please give me some hints on internet stores. Which one is the best ?!

Oh Damn it! I just ordered both of them from amazon, and I can;t seem to order them from his website either it always brings me to a page where i can buy a t shirt but not the dvds. ?????

I got SM's traditional and modern approach to New Orleans drumming dvd's. Incredible grooves! He extracts many different sounds from a kit, and he swings like hell! I purchased his Galactic cd's and they are a fresh change from the oridinary. Outstanding stuff!

kacperivo said:
Few months ago I've ordered both Stanton's DVD's on Amazon.com. Now they tell me that they "won't be able to obtain" it. So now I'm searching for some other internet shops, and I even found one - Musicroom.com (they have a nice price - I don't know them though), but please give me some hints on internet stores. Which one is the best ?!

Man i'm waithing from june to have those dvds from amazon but they keep on delaying the date ....they don't have it .....sold out....
i'm gonna die

T

I was checking out www.galacticfunk.com a night or two ago and i signed up for the mailing list. Then today I got an e-mail from the man himself. Really nice down to earth guy, we had a brief e-mail conversation but it still shows his interest in his fans. This guy is the MAN!

Back