Pearl Crystal Beat Drums

I love the look of those red acrylic shells. I have really been wanting to check out a set of acrylics. I wonder what the street price of these is going to be...

I love the look of those red acrylic shells. I have really been wanting to check out a set of acrylics. I wonder what the street price of these is going to be...

According to the Pearl July 2014 Price List, the 3pc (20/14/12) Crystal Beat will go for $1499, so probably $999 street price. The 4pc (22/16/10/12) runs $1799, so figure $1199 street (that's with standard 35% off list).

These drums are being marketed below the SSC drums, and 4pc SSC kits go for $1399 street on average.

Only thing that stinks so far is the limited two-year warranty--no famous Pearl lifetime warranty for the acrylic drums.

Still, not a bad price for seamless acrylic shells and Pearl's rep for QC.

DW is supposed to be debuting an acrylic kit, too, right?

According to the Pearl July 2014 Price List, the 3pc (20/14/12) Crystal Beat will go for $1499, so probably $999 street price. The 4pc (22/16/10/12) runs $1799, so figure $1199 street (that's with standard 35% off list).

Weird that they're only including 1.6mm hoops on them, but I suppose it's not a necessity since they aren't using ISS mounts.

That marketing copy on the Music Radar pictures is offensively awful.

Still, not a bad price for seamless acrylic shells and Pearl's rep for QC.

DW is supposed to be debuting an acrylic kit, too, right?

Yes, DW will soon be offering an acrylic kit in their imported Design series. A 5-piece shell pack has an MAP of $1499. There are some YouTube clips of the kit from the 2014 Frankfort trade show.

The pearl one will inevitably be cheaper abd better than dw though

Only thing that stinks so far is the limited two-year warranty--no famous Pearl lifetime warranty for the acrylic drums.

I think this one is pretty obvious considering how many times I've seen cracked acrylic drums. It would be un-wise to warranty them for longer than that. If Pearl did, they'd be fixing or replacing them beyond profitability.

I think this one is pretty obvious considering how many times I've seen cracked acrylic drums. It would be un-wise to warranty them for longer than that. If Pearl did, they'd be fixing or replacing them beyond profitability.

I agree with this. It's a shame the acrylics crack so much. I've always loved their look and sound.

Crush are already selling cast (seamless) acrylic shells and they go much cheaper than the pearl. I've got one, the build quality is sweet, it's just cheap because crush are trying to build a name.

Yep.. I am liking mine for sure. Not for every application, but Pearl really thought out this design from an engineering standpoint.
CB%20front%20from%20left_zpsf2wc6nd8.jpg
CB%20rear%20driver%20from%20left_zps3ou18r5c.jpg

* These are indeed seamless, cast and made in Pearl's own factory in China. = better QC.

Back