Hi-Hat pedal continuos controller

spinacem

Hi all!

I have purchased an acoustic sample kit that has 6 layers for the hi-hat, each one triggered by a different midi note:

C2: tip
D2: closed
E2: loose
F2: semi-open
G2: open
A2: pedalled

Now i am searching for an hi-hat pedal controller that can trigger different midi notes related to how much you open or close the pedal, almost like a real one.
I ve found this one by Alesis http://www.alesis.com/realhatpedal but unfortunately it is discontinued.
So i would ask if someone can suggest me a good hi-hat pedal continuos controller that will work with my trigger interface ALESIS TRIGGER IO.

Thanks in advance for any suggestion!

Hi all!

I have purchased an acoustic sample kit that has 6 layers for the hi-hat, each one triggered by a different midi note:

C2: tip
D2: closed
E2: loose
F2: semi-open
G2: open
A2: pedalled

Now i am searching for an hi-hat pedal controller that can trigger different midi notes related to how much you open or close the pedal, almost like a real one.
I ve found this one by Alesis http://www.alesis.com/realhatpedal but unfortunately it is discontinued.
So i would ask if someone can suggest me a good hi-hat pedal continuos controller that will work with my trigger interface ALESIS TRIGGER IO.

Thanks in advance for any suggestion!

Hay there..

I use a trigger IO, and I use a roland FD-8 with it, the alesis one that came with the e-kit was only 3 position and the trigger IO didnt like it, so I got one on ebay for 15 quid (UK pounds) i think.

works great, i run it through addictive drums, so the trigger IO sends the CC MIDI data to it, the hi-hat has 2 midi notes, top and rim, addictive drums sorts the rest out with the position of the pedal and splits it down to 8 different samples on each i think it it does.

Does that help?

really thanks for reply!

i run it through addictive drums, so the trigger IO sends the CC MIDI data to it, the hi-hat has 2 midi notes, top and rim, addictive drums sorts the rest out with the position of the pedal and splits it down to 8 different samples on each i think it it does.

Could you elaborate a little on this? Because i don't have addictive drums and i don't understand well what you mean
The pedal can trigger only 2 mini note, but it can send a midi cc signal that addictive drum use for thiggers different midi notes...this is what you mean?

thanks for help

I use Alesis trigger IO + Roland FD8 pedal for studio work with offline, manual processing of hi-hat position. I plan to buy a sampler, for live and studio work, which can handle the CC message to select or cross fade samples of the HH. It should have spdif out and preferably rack mounted. Any experience or idea? thanks!

Back