LocTite on Axis pedals

blastbeatkeeper

Hello, everyone. I recently got a set of Axis X double pedals. To put it bluntly, they are effing amazing. I love them.
Anyways, I have a DW Go Anywhere pratice pad set. Ive been practicing on that lately, but I have noticed that the footboard screws have come loose and the footboads are rattling. I want to take the boards off, LocTite the screws and refasten the boards. Is this a good idea? Thanks.

Hello, everyone. I recently got a set of Axis X double pedals. To put it bluntly, they are effing amazing. I love them.
Anyways, I have a DW Go Anywhere pratice pad set. Ive been practicing on that lately, but I have noticed that the footboard screws have come loose and the footboads are rattling. I want to take the boards off, LocTite the screws and refasten the boards. Is this a good idea? Thanks.

You're talking about at the heel hinge right?

I recommend LOCTITE blue

If you take the screws out and clean them, use no lube when you put them back, the steel screw compressing into the aluminum should give a tight hold. Try putting each screw in its opposite hole(s)- put the left screw into the right hole etc. That might work too.

If you're gonna use a thread lock, use the blue one, not the high-strength red.

You're talking about at the heel hinge right?

I recommend LOCTITE blue

If you take the screws out and clean them, use no lube when you put them back, the steel screw compressing into the aluminum should give a tight hold. Try putting each screw in its opposite hole(s)- put the left screw into the right hole etc. That might work too.

If you're gonna use a thread lock, use the blue one, not the high-strength red.

+1...I loctite everything.....had too many times that stuff has rattled loose. Like Les said...use the Blue

Yea, actually all 4 of the bolts, the two at the toe, and the two near the heel plate. They all came loose. I did get the blue LocTite. Is this a normal thing? Or is it just because the pad for the bass drum doesnt have the normal give like a real bass drum head?

Yea, actually all 4 of the bolts, the two at the toe, and the two near the heel plate. They all came loose. I did get the blue LocTite. Is this a normal thing? Or is it just because the pad for the bass drum doesnt have the normal give like a real bass drum head?

There could be an alignment issue, it'd be the heel plate hinge.

Loosen the screws under the hinge (everything else being tight), then 'left or right' the foot board into its free'est moving alignment.

Thanks Les. I did try the LocTite, and Im giving it a couple days to "set up".And Ill take a look at the hinges today when I get home. I didnt notice anything being out of alignment when I was disassembling them to put the Loctite on, but never hurts to double check.
Idid, however, put a couple drops of pedal oil on the hinge bar itself....was that ok to do? When I took the plates off, there was dirt and hair and all sorts of gunk underneath the plate behind the hinge bar, so I cleaned that out, and tried to get them spinning as free as could be, hence the oil.
Thanks for the help with these. I guess they arent as straight forward as they look.

Believe it or not, each and every AXIS pedal is a one-off, this includes the HH's.

AXIS foot board alignment can look skewed from the factory, they align everything for least resistance. If I line my AXIS HH foot board up straight for example, the action will bind.

So don't go by looks, Its not uncommon for AXIS pedals to look a little out of whack.

Back