Need a Good,Cheap Kit?

That is pretty cheap...and if it were in Canadian dollars it's practically free.

AND hardware. That's insane. I just paid that for a 3-4 year old toms and kick alone. Someone buy them!

I just came into a little bit of money and am ready to buy a real drum kit. I'm in Hawaii with very little available locally.

I'm seriously considering this. What do you guys think?

I've been overwhelmed with all the options available online, and finding it difficult to nail down exactly what I want, so at this point I'll gladly take any advice!

I just came into a little bit of money and am ready to buy a real drum kit. I'm in Hawaii with very little available locally.

I've been overwhelmed with all the options available online, and finding it difficult to nail down exactly what I want, so at this point I'll gladly take any advice!

I will never tell anyone 'not' to buy a $650 new-in-box Saturn/Renown/LiveCustom.

Tobacco Burst, baby! Hit 'dat!

Pick at least one of them up, Nancy!!

Let us know which one you picked!

Damned, I wish I had some disposable income right now.

OK, thank you! I appreciate this thread and all advice, particularly KaraK's last nudge.

I have ordered the Mapex Saturn in the "natural gloss" finish. My first "real" drum kit!

(I have a little Ludwig "Breakbeats" and started with a cheapo Fender starter kit, now long gone from when I married and we moved into a tiny studio apartment.)

Whee! I'm going to have my own drums! Thank you for this little push. I was looking at Mapex and a few others, and just could not decide.

... oh my god ...

I have ordered the Mapex Saturn in the "natural gloss" finish. My first "real" drum kit!

Whee! I'm going to have my own drums! Thank you for this little push. I was looking at Mapex and a few others, and just could not decide.

... oh my god ...

Somebody's not going to get any sleep tonight... or for the next few days!

Enjoy, Nancy.

EDIT: Good thing you bought it, it is now: Price: $2,936.84 + $149.54 shipping

https://www.amazon.com/Mapex-Saturn...8&qid=1473363394&sr=8-2&keywords=mapex+saturn

Cheers!

Last edited:
You guys are the best. I went back to that link and now it's almost $2,400 for the same kit! Guess I got the last one. *falls on floor, sobbing*

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    105.2 KB · Views: 845
I have to get some work done but will post properly later. This is a huge deal for me; I really am crying from so many emotions at once! I'm so grateful for you folks and this forum, for so many reasons! I've been ill, having shoulder problems, unable to play lately, my mom died, my husband and I moved, anyway just been very busy, and I haven't been able to post or even read much lately, so just want to say a quick "thank you" for now, because you guys freaking ROCK.

Please don't take my forthcoming silence as anything but being on a deadline. THANK YOU. I shall write a proper post later. I'm really overwhelmed by every one of you, all the time!

OK, thank you! I appreciate this thread and all advice, particularly KaraK's last nudge.

(I have a little Ludwig "Breakbeats" and started with a cheapo Fender starter kit, now long gone from when I married and we moved into a tiny studio apartment.)

... oh my god ...
Nancy, this is fantabulous! Phenomenal score!!! so happy for you. When do they arrive?

Nancy, I am absolutely delighted for you!

I'd had that very same kit in my 'basket', but found, as I suspected that Amazonk won't ship to 'Straya.

I even went as far as to do the sums on shipping it here, and having it sent to one of my US suppliers, and really pushing the limits of what a supplier will do for a customer.

It pleases me greatly to know that the kit ended up in the right hands. I'm excited on your behalf, and looking forward to hearing how much you like the kit.

What you all call cheap and what I call cheap are worlds apart.

I think we were late to the party, MZ. The only price I saw was the $2,936.84 ... which indeed ain't cheap.

Nancy/Bull, what was the price that was originally shown? Just curious .... I love seeing good deals. ;-)

best,
radman

Back