Can we have a 'like' button?

Re: Can we have a like button

If we get a "like" button, I will stage a revolt if there is not also a "hate" button. It would be discrimination against some of the more ornery forum members.

Liking something is OK I guess, but I want to know why you like something. And I second Watso's suggestion, even if a dislike button would likely cause hurt feelings. I don't think it's a big necessity, you could simply post, "Liked" for the same effect. Another vote for not furthering FB's influence.

Facebook is becoming a PITA IMO. But I guess I'd rather it be here than not. I'm not a FB fan but it does serve some usefulness in spreading word though. But I seriously don't care if a piece of toenail is jamming up your clipper. People post the most banal stuff sometimes.

The best way to dislike something is to ignore it

The best way to dislike something is to ignore it

Hell, I must dislike a lot of threads here, I only reply to... let say 10%? ...15%? of what is uploaded on the forum, lol.

There's a difference between not liking something or not posting in a thread because 1) the subject does not interest you, 2) because someone else already replied what you would have said and 3) you don't know anything about the subject/topic.

The way you describe it Grunt, feels like you're saying if I don't reply in a thread, it must be because I dislike it, which, of course, is not the case.

But yes, besides joking about it, it is the best way to dislike something is to leave it alone :)

The OP wants a button for what he likes, he doesn't seems to care about what he doesn't like, lol.

Doesn't V-bulletin come with a reputation system where you can give members reputation if you like their posts?

I agree with most on here.

The last thing this forum needs is any resemblance the Facebook. I'll be glad when that crap goes away. Worst idea since reality shows...

Hell, I must dislike a lot of threads here, I only reply to... let say 10%? ...15%? of what is uploaded on the forum, lol.

There's a difference between not liking something or not posting in a thread because 1) the subject does not interest you, 2) because someone else already replied what you would have said and 3) you don't know anything about the subject/topic.

The way you describe it Grunt, feels like you're saying if I don't reply in a thread, it must be because I dislike it, which, of course, is not the case.

But yes, besides joking about it, it is the best way to dislike something is to leave it alone :)

The OP wants a button for what he likes, he doesn't seems to care about what he doesn't like, lol.
Agree 100% with you here but I THINK Grunt was invoking the old "If you can't say anything nice, don't bother saying it at all" quote.

No no Just saying rather than say something negative, just move on

Doesn't V-bulletin come with a reputation system where you can give members reputation if you like their posts?
There's a "Reputation Level" and "Current Reputation Power" field (plus a box to have it disappearing) in the "Search for Users" section. Probably Bernhard could tell you more about this.

I vote we add a search function.........and maybe even a list of criteria (rules, requests and FAQ's) that outlay the way the forum host and moderators would like us to approach being involved here. Just something for new members to read before they sign up??

Nah, on second thoughts maybe it is just easier to regurgitate popular thread topics and then complain indignantly and come across all 'hard done by' when politely asked to re-think your approach.

Nah, on second thoughts maybe it is just easier to regurgitate popular thread topics and then complain indignantly and come across all 'hard done by' when politely asked to re-think your approach.
How else will we get our superiority fix by pointing out where threads should be posted/ how you could've used the search engine? : )
Seriously though, no two drummers' setups are exactly alike and members will always want their queries answered specifically to their situation I guess.

Here's the answer ... when someone tries to save their OP for a new topic the system analyses word type and frequency (with allowance for symbals, rediculoss and the like) and suggested existing topics appear in a new tab.

The system then won't allow you to save a new post unless you've clicked every one of the suggested links and has verified via eye scanning technology that you have properly read those other threads.

If there is any attempt to subvert the system the PC will instantly shut down. Repeated attempts will result in a worm being installed that will email your credit card details to Russia.

As for the Like button ... okay, but if a pattern of back scratching is observed then the function will be disabled for the users involved. Any attempt to create new identities to get past this or engage in branch stacking will result in ...

Any attempt to create new identities to get past this or engage in branch stacking will result in ...

...a warning

explode+error.jpg

... and the action itself.

Exploding-Computer.jpg

Back