Yamaha dfp9500c

cc322

Just ordered this pedal and it should be here by thursday. Does anybody have experience with this pedal? I am replacing a older dw 5000 dbl pedal, I also herd it may be similiar to the Flying Dragon, which I understand was a very good pedal. Thanks in advance.

I own 3 Flying Dragons. They are great. Yamaha's been making great pedals for many many years, I'm sure you will be happy.

One this to be aware of, Yamaha has the lightest beaters out there, so it might feel a little odd coming from the DW and their much heavier beater.

I own 3 Flying Dragons. They are great. Yamaha's been making great pedals for many many years, I'm sure you will be happy.

One this to be aware of, Yamaha has the lightest beaters out there, so it might feel a little odd coming from the DW and their much heavier beater.

Good to hear thanks!!

My son loves his. He tried just about every pedal available, and settled on both the Yamaha 9500c and an Axis pedal. The Yamaha pedal was over $100 cheaper, but appears to be just as well constructed, so it was a no brainer. He has not tried the strap drive parts yet. I did post a couple weeks back about how the Yamaha pedal was "migrating" during use because the rubber inserts on the clamp did not grip the bass drum hoop as well as the metal clamps on his old pedals. Some guys on this forum chimed in however and suggested putting some skateboard grip tape on the hoop. It works perfectly now!

My son loves his. He tried just about every pedal available, and settled on both the Yamaha 9500c and an Axis pedal. The Yamaha pedal was over $100 cheaper, but appears to be just as well constructed, so it was a no brainer. He has not tried the strap drive parts yet. I did post a couple weeks back about how the Yamaha pedal was "migrating" during use because the rubber inserts on the clamp did not grip the bass drum hoop as well as the metal clamps on his old pedals. Some guys on this forum chimed in however and suggested putting some skateboard grip tape on the hoop. It works perfectly now!

Nice!! thanks for the feedback

You are completely correct, these are very ligh!t to point of SHIAT what did i do, compared to my DW 5000. Guess i will have to give it some time, ive got 30 days from guitar center. we will see???

Last edited by a moderator:
What you can do is throw your DW beaters on there and crank the springs a bit. The IC beater is also comparable in weight.

One thing I like about the Yamaha beater is I can keep the spring tension medium still get the quick response that I like because the beaters are so light.

I used to own 8000 and 9000 doubles, I still preferred my Yamahas. Although my gripe with the DW pedals is mostly about the design of that massive heel plate.

With pedals it's all about familiarity, for me at least. The Flying Dragon was the first high end pedal I bought, years ago. Since then, I have owned DW 9000, 8000, ICs, Speed Cobra, Mapex Falcon. Ended up going back to the Flying Dragon every time. The IC is the only other pedal I kept and still play regularly.

What you can do is throw your DW beaters on there and crank the springs a bit. The IC beater is also comparable in weight.

One thing I like about the Yamaha beater is I can keep the spring tension medium still get the quick response that I like because the beaters are so light.

I used to own 8000 and 9000 doubles, I still preferred my Yamahas. Although my gripe with the DW pedals is mostly about the design of that massive heel plate.

With pedals it's all about familiarity, for me at least. The Flying Dragon was the first high end pedal I bought, years ago. Since then, I have owned DW 9000, 8000, ICs, Speed Cobra, Mapex Falcon. Ended up going back to the Flying Dragon every time. The IC is the only other pedal I kept and still play regularly.

Your correct about the massive plate on the DW's the new yammmie pedal are very narrow. Maybe i will try the old beaters and see what it feels like, at any rate im gonna give it some time. Just thaought i was moving up with this 9500c as of now im not to sure ;)

.... Just thaought i was moving up with this 9500c as of now im not to sure ;)....

When it comes to 'Moving up' in regards to pedals, for me it means a pedal that works better for you. It may cost more or less than what you were using before.

Give it some time. It's going to take a while to get a feel for it.

When it comes to 'Moving up' in regards to pedals, for me it means a pedal that works better for you. It may cost more or less than what you were using before.

Give it some time. It's going to take a while to get a feel for it.

Yes i think you are correct !

Back