Can we have a 'like' button?

Okay without the use of a "Like Button" I would LIKE to say that as far as this thread is concerned I LIKE Mad About Drum's post the best

I would rather open my mouth..and be wrong...Listen for a response,either direct or evasive ,there both here,then have someone push a like or dislike button.How boring would that be?

This thread got me thinking about an unrelated subject involving like, or perhaps its not?

I was thinking about the number of times the word "like" is thrown into a conversation when its not like needed at all, like you know like, what I am, like, talking about?

That really bugs me. I hope we don't start doing that either.

Also, I think to basically challenge a guy to a fight (thats the way I read it anyway) when you live in Scotland, and they live in Melbourne, over something as insignificant as this, is going a bit toooooo far.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread got me thinking about an unrelated subject involving like, or perhaps its not?

I was thinking about the number of times the word "like" is thrown into a conversation when its not like needed at all, like you know like, what I am, like, talking about?

That really bugs me. I hope we don't start doing that either.

Like, if we you know, like, had that damned like button.......then we wouldn't, like, have to keep typing the word like all the time.

Like, teenage girls the world over would, like, love it.

Spoke to a beautiful Australian earlier on. I could forgive her used of 'like' in sentences and the rising inflection at the end of every sentence (you know, like, when everything sounds like a question?) because I was lost in her eyes...

Sorry. Snapped out of it.

"Like" is such a strong word and we coud wind things back a few notches. How about a Tolerate or Forbear button ... like, y'know like ...

Make it, "begrudgingly tolerate" and I'll click that.

Spoke to a beautiful Australian earlier on. I could forgive her used of 'like' in sentences and the rising inflection at the end of every sentence (you know, like, when everything sounds like a question?) because I was lost in her eyes...

Sorry. Snapped out of it.

I was too lost in her eyes to take photographs, like!

Oh, you've met Grea? ...that's cool, I'd like that too :)

This thread is quite funny... Very adequate pictures MAD! :) Definitely agreeing with the majority here, on a discussion forum we participate by discussing. Don't have the time and energy to write an ENTIRE post? Too bad...

There's an easy solution to this problem. All we need to do is indicate a like or dislike in our posts and use a manual counter system. We don't need technology.

For example, I might write "Like BacteriumFendYolk #2 +1" to say I liked post #2 by Duncan and that raises his score to +1.

If you also like that post then you would type "Like BacteriumFendYolk #2 +2". Duncan's post now has two Likes.

If the next person did not like Duncan's post then they would type "Dislike BacteriumFendYolk #2 +1" to indicate that their Dislike deducted one vote from his score, that reverts to +1.

It's easy for everyone to keep tally because it's only incrementing one at a time and most drummers are capable of counting to at least four. Anyone who would consider this solution too complicated or cumbersome is underestimating the intelligence and motivation of their fellow human beings!

There seems like a lot of un necessary repetition, it looks unwieldy.

Has anyone any genuinely interesting solutions?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back