Buying pedals

Infernal Valkyrie

Hey guys,

I'm in the market for a double pedal. I've found some decent listings on my craigslist. There's an Axis going for real cheap cuz it needs $150 worth of parts. Used eliminator, iron cobra and dw 5000.

Basically my question is should I buy a used pedal or put $200 as a down payment to finance a brand new Iron Cobra? The IC would cost less than 100 bux more brand new versus used. Used - $275 and New - $350 including tax. I would be basically making $20 payments per month..

suggestions?

If the ICs are the older model (pre 07 I believe) and are in good condition I would definitely go for them. The springs on the newer ones start to squeak after a while and it can be kinda annoying. I'd try before you buy though.

Cool. Yeah I really hate the cobra clutch I think its the stupidest idea. I'd rather get the older ones like in craigslist.

Is there a way to take off the cobra clutch? Or were you referring to the actually spring connected to the pedal board?

Thanks man. The pearl is out of my price range unless he's willing to take $250. $300 is expensive for a used eliminator.. especially since I let mine go for less than 100.. stupid me.
I'm just trying to talk each person down to see. Frankly none of the pedals are worth what they're asking. Hoping they come down 50-60 bucks.

Cool. Yeah I really hate the cobra clutch I think its the stupidest idea. I'd rather get the older ones like in craigslist.

Is there a way to take off the cobra clutch? Or were you referring to the actually spring connected to the pedal board?

I was referring to the spring on the pedal board.

Thanks for the heads up. Does this problem affect every new IC? Maybe its just worth the extra to go with an Eliminator then eh?

The DW or Pearl would be my choice as they are good solid pedals that should be fine second hand after a simple service and clean up.

I ended up going with the DW at a decent price.

Welldone, i hope the pedals work out for you :). i would have advised you to go onto ebay :)

its a cobra COIL not a clutch that the hi hat attachment. its a good addition i think make return quick.

oh yeah, its the cobra coil thing I don't like. the cobra clutch for hihat stand on the other hand I think is a pretty cool invention. Not sure I would need it enough to buy one though by the time I buy a lever glide hh stand.

Back