Help with buying a new kit!

JoeGillDrummer

Hi,

I've recently started looking for a new kit. I've been playing around a year and although I've changed my kit about every so often and added new skins, bits of hardware etc. I feel now I want a new kit.

Just wondering what you guys think is best. Around the £450 price range, will obviously pay less and will pay more if you feel would make the difference.

I practice around 10 hours a week and gig almost every weekend.

I would prefer if hardware was included.

Thanks in advance

A good idea would be to save up some money, along with selling your old kit AND buying a used one. It will save you for alot of work...

Do you need cymbals too? That would make things slightly more difficult.

Check out some brands at ebay, and see if you can find a good deal, it happens now and then.
Here's something to check out:
Mapex Meridian Maple 700 $
Yamaha Stage Custom 400 - 700 $
Tama Silverstar - About 600 $
Gretsch Catalina Maple 500-800 $

If you're interested in slightly smaller drums for jazz etc. then:
Sonor Safari Bop kit 350$

That is some of the best BANGS for the bucks.. Im SURE you can find a deal somewhere near you. Or having it shipped

The mapex meridian is a very good kit for the money and there are so many used ones because they are so popular. I would'nt expect you would have to pay over $400 and the hardware it comes with is good quality

Agreed, go used. (Sometimes they include hardware and sometimes they don't but either way it will be much cheaper.)

What kind of styles do you play? What kind of sound do you want? How many drums do you want?

Back