Show report/pictures - a very British event.

Andy

Honorary Member
Just back from exhibiting at the annual Jobeky show. This show is organised each year by Jane & Colin of Jobeky drums (electro acoustic), & features UK builders. It's small & personal, with great workshops & main stage clinics. I didn't get time to catch many of the clinics (featuring Karl Brazil, Ash Soan, Steve White, amongst others), but I did get time to whip round with the camera during setup. I hope you enjoy these pictures. Any questions about the exhibits, please chime in.

I'm completely screwed over today. So much work for a one day event, & I'm certainly feeling my age. The days of preparation & silly hours setting up/breaking down/travelling are a killer!

Attachments

• little front.jpg
    little front.jpg
    777.3 KB · Views: 309
  • little side.jpg
    little side.jpg
    534.1 KB · Views: 297
  • jalapeno.jpg
    jalapeno.jpg
    711.1 KB · Views: 295
  • jalapeno kit.jpg
    jalapeno kit.jpg
    696.5 KB · Views: 301
  • lion.jpg
    lion.jpg
    766.6 KB · Views: 299
  • hardcase.jpg
    hardcase.jpg
    751.7 KB · Views: 290
  • amedia.jpg
    amedia.jpg
    710.4 KB · Views: 293
  • premier kit.jpg
    premier kit.jpg
    846.4 KB · Views: 291
  • premier drums on sands.jpg
    premier drums on sands.jpg
    691.6 KB · Views: 293
  • premier kit 2.jpg
    premier kit 2.jpg
    871.8 KB · Views: 293
  • echo snares.jpg
    echo snares.jpg
    820.9 KB · Views: 291
  • echo kit.jpg
    echo kit.jpg
    866.5 KB · Views: 287
  • gatton.jpg
    gatton.jpg
    727 KB · Views: 289
  • ad drums.jpg
    ad drums.jpg
    783.7 KB · Views: 284
  • ad snares.jpg
    ad snares.jpg
    714.8 KB · Views: 282
  • ad acrylic.jpg
    ad acrylic.jpg
    688.7 KB · Views: 275
  • vintage snares.jpg
    vintage snares.jpg
    915.9 KB · Views: 278
  • vintage premier.jpg
    vintage premier.jpg
    657 KB · Views: 301
  • vintage yamaha.jpg
    vintage yamaha.jpg
    686.8 KB · Views: 289
  • vintage player.jpg
    vintage player.jpg
    800.6 KB · Views: 276
  • istanbul stand.jpg
    istanbul stand.jpg
    809.8 KB · Views: 275
  • istanbul negro.jpg
    istanbul negro.jpg
    492.7 KB · Views: 268
  • bc2.jpg
    bc2.jpg
    778.4 KB · Views: 275
  • highwood kit.jpg
    highwood kit.jpg
    772.2 KB · Views: 272
  • highwood2.jpg
    highwood2.jpg
    817.5 KB · Views: 269
  • Gareth.jpg
    Gareth.jpg
    637.2 KB · Views: 275
  • malleus.jpg
    malleus.jpg
    592.5 KB · Views: 276
  • highwood snares.jpg
    highwood snares.jpg
    900 KB · Views: 289
  • jobeky1.jpg
    jobeky1.jpg
    471.2 KB · Views: 266
  • jobeky2.jpg
    jobeky2.jpg
    625.9 KB · Views: 267
  • toungue.jpg
    toungue.jpg
    375.2 KB · Views: 264
  • guru front.jpg
    guru front.jpg
    884.7 KB · Views: 268
  • guru side.jpg
    guru side.jpg
    858.7 KB · Views: 269
  • custom top.jpg
    custom top.jpg
    788.5 KB · Views: 264
  • cappuccino.jpg
    cappuccino.jpg
    796.9 KB · Views: 271
Oh my life. Remind me not to show Mr Madge those photos or he'll never let me go next year.

It looks like one heck of a busy day for you but I hope you can take it easy today! And it looks as if it was well worth the effort.

Looks like a great show! Beautiful stuff, as always, in the Guru booth. I'm beginning to feel like I live on the wrong side of the pond....lol.

Oh my life. Remind me not to show Mr Madge those photos or he'll never let me go next year.

It looks like one heck of a busy day for you but I hope you can take it easy today! And it looks as if it was well worth the effort.
Thanks :) I'm sure Mr. Madge would enjoy seeing you have a good time. Why not suggest to him you attend this year's London Drum show! Now that is a bucket of fun, & way bigger than this little event :)

Looks like a great show! Beautiful stuff, as always, in the Guru booth. I'm beginning to feel like I live on the wrong side of the pond....lol.
No Mary, you have some superb shows in the US, & great prices too. Lucky girl :)

Great pix of a lot of great looking gear. The cajone exhibit looks funny though , like a bunch of boxes the guy forgot to unpack or something.

Funny looking at the photos as you know it's going to be really loud. Yet, it all seems so quiet somehow. As usual, the Highwood and Guru gear stands out!

Have a day off Andy!

Davo

Great stuff Andy.I'm glad to see Premier making a show of it.I just wish those super deep bass drums would go away.

Anyway ,rest up and have a pint or two...you've earned it mate.Making some of the best drums on the planet has to be exhausting work.:)

Steve B

Great stuff Andy.I'm glad to see Premier making a show of it.I just wish those super deep bass drums would go away.

Anyway ,rest up and have a pint or two...you've earned it mate.Making some of the best drums on the planet has to be exhausting work.:)

Steve B
with you on the "fashion" bass drums Steve :(

Actually, Premier made quite a poor show of it IMO. I think they had some last minute staff calling off issues. Nevertheless, two kits & a few snares, for the UK's biggest drum maker, is a bit poor. You weren't allowed to play their stuff either. I wish them every success though.

Funny looking at the photos as you know it's going to be really loud. Yet, it all seems so quiet somehow. As usual, the Highwood and Guru gear stands out!

Have a day off Andy!

Davo
Thanks Dave :) Yes, I am exhausted! It was quiet because I took these photo's before the show opened.

TO be honest, looking at all those other kits is exciting but they are just "old technology" to me now that I know so much about your drums Andy. I think you have ruined it for me but its true.

Dont get me wrong, would still like one of those High Woods....

Very cool.

Question: Who started the trend towards having a script badge that spells out the brand name? Surprised to see so many that do that.

Those are cool pictures, Andy. Great stuff, and of course, the Guru looks fantastic. It also looks like a lot of work! I hope there's a bar and a hot tub somewhere in the building.

Brent

Andy, thanks for all the cool pics! I've run through them several times now. It's like being a kid in a candy store.

If I were buying this kind of candy, I'd spend too much and make myself sick. ;-)

I think you have ruined it for me but its true.
Sorry ;)

Question: Who started the trend towards having a script badge that spells out the brand name? Surprised to see so many that do that.
Probably Premier?

I hope there's a bar and a hot tub somewhere in the building.

Brent
I wish!

If I were buying this kind of candy, I'd spend too much and make myself sick. ;-)
and wasn't that always the pleasurable bit ;)

Back