My New Yamaha Stage Customs

Adam B

After eyeing this kit for months and putting little bits of cash away at a time I pulled the trigger yesterday. Best day after Christmas, ever.

Yamaha Stage Custome Birch / Natural wood finish
20" x 17" bass
10" x 8 rack tom
12" x 9" rack tom
14" x 14" floor tom
5" x 14 snare

I spent a good three hours this morning playing it. It really is a joy to play and sounds fantastic even with the stock heads, quick and dirty tunning and the crummy acoustics of my drum room. Even my wife, commented on how good it sounds and she's not even a drummer!

I know it's no pro kit but it is much nicer than what I'm used to and I couldn't be happier. I love my Gretsch but after 4 years of playing it I'm tired of having to hit so hard to get good sound. This Yamaha just sings at low to medium volume and can handle me pushing it to fff when I need it to as well. I don't know how I went so long without a 20" kick.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

congrats! yamaha stage custom birch are really good drums, they are under-rated IMO. and you have a really nice cymbal selection

For many years running one of the best "intermediate" sets out there. Congrats and have fun!

Congrats those are BEAUTIFUL. I have a set too although they are older birch/falkata/mahogany mix they sound incredible. Yamaha's are very very nice drums IMO. I also had Gretsch before the Yammies what model did you have?

Congrats those are BEAUTIFUL. I have a set too although they are older birch/falkata/mahogany mix they sound incredible. Yamaha's are very very nice drums IMO. I also had Gretsch before the Yammies what model did you have?

Yeah, I'm really happy with the natural wood finish. I still have my Gretsch. It's a Catalina Club Mod. I'll keep it around for more rock and punk stuff. It's one of the first gen models with the less common black w/silver stripe finish.

Very nice kit....Let's hear what they sound like...!!!

Here just some screwing around. The playing is pretty sloppy but this is what the drums sound like right now.

Attachments

• yammies.mp3
    1.9 MB · Views: 146
Last edited:
Hey congratulations on your new kit! They sound great in that sound file. I've got the same kit in the same sizes. Seeing those two boxes brought back memories. Amazing how much stuff they can stuff in that big box isn't it?

Back