Pro Mark Naturals - Splinters?

BertTheDrummer

Gold Member
I got a pair of Pro Mark naturals at a discount. I've used the Hickory and Oak lacquered sticks but never used the naturals so I figured I'd give them a try. However the couple times I've tried to play with them since I got them I've ended up getting splinters in my hand. It seems like they were missing their final sanding or something. Just wondering if this is a hazard from using them or did I just get a bad batch or something.

That sounds like a flaw of some sort. I've tried a couple pairs and, while not lacquered, they were smooth.

I can't ever recall me getting splinters from useing any kind of drumstick. Sounds like a flaw to me to.

Hey Bert,

Sorry to hear about your experience. This sounds like a flaw in the stick. We're in the process of making some major quality improvements in the manufacturing process and raw material selection that is starting to cut down on these issues. Send me an email at [email protected] with the model of stick you were using and I'd be happy to inspect a pair and send them out to you.

Ben

I don't get splinters from them, but they do rough up my hands. They initially feel great to me, then after the job they start doing on my hands, I put them away, for good.

Hey Bert,

Sorry to hear about your experience. This sounds like a flaw in the stick. We're in the process of making some major quality improvements in the manufacturing process and raw material selection that is starting to cut down on these issues. Send me an email at [email protected] with the model of stick you were using and I'd be happy to inspect a pair and send them out to you.

Ben

Thanks, just sent you a line. I've been happy with the other ProMark stuff I've gotten recently (Hickory 5As, Oak 5Bs, and some Hickory 501 Pridgen) just these seemed like there were some spots that didn't get sanded enough... only problem is they were right about the spot where your hand needed to go. I've seen the quality improvements with some of the other companies D'addario has taken over, can't wait to see what happens with ProMark as well.

I got the new sticks today. Big difference. These are nice and smooth. The others I had feel like rejects compared to these. Thanks Ben.

I've seen the quality improvements with some of the other companies D'addario has taken over, can't wait to see what happens with ProMark as well.

How long has D'addario had Pro Mark? I've tried a couple of their sticks and just wasn't impressed at the quality. If they've stepped thing up recently then I just may have to get another pair to try out.

How long has D'addario had Pro Mark? I've tried a couple of their sticks and just wasn't impressed at the quality. If they've stepped thing up recently then I just may have to get another pair to try out.

From what I've seen it was January. Downside is if your store doesn't go through much stock it might be a bit until you get the D'addario Pro Marks.

Back