BEEN A WHILE

Joe Morris

DRUMMERWORLD PRO DRUMMER
Hey everyone well I have been traveling since last December. LOL I'm finally at home doing my studio gig so hey I'm here. Questions? whatever. Hit me. Hope everyone is doing great!!!

joe

Long time no see, Joe. Hope all is well with you as well. What's on the radar for the rest of this year?

Welcome home!!

Also, how are your jazz chops Joe? Do you give private lessons?

Well it depends on what type of jazz chops you are talking about. My straight ahead chops need to be brushed up big time. My odd time fusion jazz chops are kicking right now. No, i'm sorry I don't teach. I used to but i don't really have time and I don't think I'm a very good teacher anyway. LOL

Long time no see, Joe. Hope all is well with you as well. What's on the radar for the rest of this year?

I may have some TV appearances coming up with Esteban in August. We shall see. To be honest for the rest of the year I am really hoping to stay home!!!! I have a steady studio gig so even if I'm home I wake up and go to the studio everyday. So I'm cool with doing that the rest of the year. Its seems I got all my traveling in fast this year. instead of touring in spurts I did it all at once. So hopefully just cutting tracks and coming home every night. Its my son's senior year in highschool this year and he is a star wrestler. So i would really like to be around more this year for that. I don't want to miss any matches. I've only ever missed a few and i don't intend on missing any this year. So that's the plan man!! but that can all change with a phone call.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Joe, great to see you back here, & great that you're hopefully spending some time based from home. Especially important during your son's senior year & his wrestling. I've been on the other side of the fence the past 4 days. Sound & lights for a small festival, & I'm absolutely screwed over, so I can only imagine the toll of being away for so long.

Any plans for the band?

My fondest regards, Andy :)

Hey Joe,

So Joe, how is life on the road? What do you do with your off time? If you have 3 days before the next show, do you fly home or hang around? As much as I love to play drums, at age 54, I don't know that I would want to tour for more than a week. Living from a suitcase gets old quick. Plus I don't have any of my "stuff" when living like that. No tools, no drum studio, no garage...

I may have some TV appearances coming up with Esteban in August. We shall see. To be honest for the rest of the year I am really hoping to stay home!!!! I have a steady studio gig so even if I'm home I wake up and go to the studio everyday. So I'm cool with doing that the rest of the year. Its seems I got all my traveling in fast this year. instead of touring in spurts I did it all at once. So hopefully just cutting tracks and coming home every night. Its my son's senior year in highschool this year and he is a star wrestler. So i would really like to be around more this year for that. I don't want to miss any matches. I've only ever missed a few and i don't intend on missing any this year. So that's the plan man!! but that can all change with a phone call.

Sounds like a great plan. Glad to hear you're well; hope you don't miss a single match!

Hey Joe, great to see you back here, & great that you're hopefully spending some time based from home. Especially important during your son's senior year & his wrestling. I've been on the other side of the fence the past 4 days. Sound & lights for a small festival, & I'm absolutely screwed over, so I can only imagine the toll of being away for so long.

Any plans for the band?

My fondest regards, Andy :)

I am already starting to get calls for local gigs so that's cool. My main plan is to get to my guru snare drum video. I'm trying to get all involved together already.

Hey Joe,

So Joe, how is life on the road? What do you do with your off time? If you have 3 days before the next show, do you fly home or hang around? As much as I love to play drums, at age 54, I don't know that I would want to tour for more than a week. Living from a suitcase gets old quick. Plus I don't have any of my "stuff" when living like that. No tools, no drum studio, no garage...

Larry this question came up under drummers so I put my response there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Where you goin' with that gun n' your hand?

Hey Joe,

Well Larry sometimes the road sucks and sometimes its just awesome. It totally depends on your mode of travel. Airports and delayed flights can really suck. Rushing to get to the hotel and make soundcheck etc. Yea at times can be a hastle, and other times its smooth man. The gig is always cool though. I live for that hour and a half. I traveled 10 hours to do an hour or so show. So all the BS better be worth that time on stage. It always is to me. In my off time it depends. I might just chill in my room, go to the pool, lunch, dinner, warm up , check out the city I'm in if time allows. Hang with the guys, have a few beers, it depends. I usually try and stay active for the day. I play better that way, opposed to laying in bed all day watching tv grabbing dinner and doing the hit. lol I will fly home if I have a long lay over. It depends. If nothing is up at home like school functions or anything with the kids I might hang out and rest. Usually I go home.

I'm 53 Larry and Ive been doing this over 30 years. I wouldn't change a thing. I have had the most blessed career its been awesome. More than I could have ever wished for but I lucky for me I'm at the point where I can finally choose if I travel or not. For instance this year is my sons senior year of high school. I can tell you already that I won't travel as much this coming year. I won't miss a thing, I won't miss a wrestling match, or parents night or anything. I think as long as you keep your priority straight you will be cool. Your right living out of a suitcase gets reallylllllllly old dude. LOL. but hey that's what I do. Right now if I had to check into another hotel I would probably throw up and thats no lie. After a while at home I will want to hear that applause again and hit it again. Its kind of like a cycle for me. right now, I AIN'T GOING NO WHERE. LOL.

I am already starting to get calls for local gigs so that's cool. My main plan is to get to my guru snare drum video. I'm trying to get all involved together already.
That sounds very cool indeed Joe, & I look forward to that with relish :) Good to get a brace of local gig stuff in too. If for no other reason than getting some variety back into your program after touring.

Loving your playing Joe :)

Back