Have you ever tag teamed a drumset mid song?

MrPockets

Gold Member
By that I mean, someone is playing the set and by means of a seamless transition another player moves in to finish the song playing drums.

I have to attempt this.

yeap, i was at a jam session and to end the night the sax calls out an original tune of his, he says alright sax and bass solo first and then you take a drum solo and eventually switch with the other drummers so that everyone takes a drum solo (there were 2 other drummers). So we start the song and after I finished my solo, we switch the kit around (I'm a lefty) with the music still going and the other two drummers solo and the last one who was the house band drummer finishes the song. As this was happening the bass player goes "we should be recording this" and he was right, it was pretty epic and fun, would have loved to have it recorded.

This sounds crazy!

I'd probably trip over one of my drums and spoil it for everyone...

By that I mean, someone is playing the set and by means of a seamless transition another player moves in to finish the song playing drums.

I have to attempt this.

No,but in my band mate and I in my younger days, one time in Cleveland ,there was this very talanted young lady that was just great at.............................:):)

Steve B

No,but in my band mate and I in my younger days, one time in Cleveland ,there was this very talanted young lady that was just great at.............................:):)

Steve B

Awww, you beat me to it!

Not sure how seamless it is. Done it a bunch of times. Depending on what side of the kit is easier to get to, you might come in on the snare while the guy seated keeps the ride going, or more often folks come in with a ride pattern and the other drummer gets up and you slide over between back beats. Haven't tried it with someone with a double pedal, but usually the kick gets left out for a bar or two. So it's not really seamless.

Back