Q: Do you prefer watching one angle or multiple angles? (for drum videos?)

Hey guys,
Going into shoot some new drum videos/covers in the next couple months, and wanted to know:

When you watch videos, do you prefer to see multiple angles, with lots of cutting between them? (for action/dynamics)

or

Do you prefer one single angle (or a moving camera) so you can see that it was all done in one take?

what is more important to you?

thanks!
x CHRIS x

I've always liked one angle because there's less moving around and less getting myself oriented like "where should I be watching to make sure I don't miss anything?" Multiple angles have their advantages too but don't go wild with it, keep it casual and keep the changes between each shot minimal.

Good question :)

I only like alternative angles if there's something happening of significance that's not captured in the main shots. Typically two shots work well enough to enhance visual interest for me, & I don't like rapid edits from one shot to the next & back again with only a few seconds between each. Of course, your specific playing needs may be different.

If it is strictly a video of you playing, I would prefer one shot at an angle behind you. It lets me see the work you are doing on the kick drum better, which I really enjoy.

Good Luck!

I prefer one shot. I'm not sure why, but when it keeps switching angles it annoys me...
A "foot cam" is pretty cool.

Back