New UK drum show for 2017.

Buying my ticket as I type. SO EXCITED!

Tommy Aldridge final artist added to the 3rd performance stage. Total lineup is now so silly epic, it's almost embarrassing.

Even better, Simon Phillips is added to the Drummer Night full band extravaganza on the Saturday night. This is an associated event in the UK Drum Show theatre in aid of the Teenage Cancer Trust. 9 world class drummers, full session / jam band made up of seriously talented players. Just so much to enjoy, I don't even know where to start!

It's a great lineup and the Saturday night show (and Sundays lineup) is making me very tempted to make the weekend of it and stay over Saturday night.

Was planning to get a very early train up to Manchester Saturday morning then head back to the station after visiting the show about 6pm to do the journey home- but not so sure now!!

What to do....

Wow Andy, this is a ridiculous lineup! I can't imagine an event has ever taken place featuring this many headliners; it's quite an achievement. If you don't mind, I'm curious to know what part you've played in making this happen?

Really wish I could make the trip over for this to spend the weekend bathing in all the drumming goodness. If it weren't for previous commitments, I would.

It's a great lineup and the Saturday night show (and Sundays lineup) is making me very tempted to make the weekend of it and stay over Saturday night.

Was planning to get a very early train up to Manchester Saturday morning then head back to the station after visiting the show about 6pm to do the journey home- but not so sure now!!

What to do....

Dear David and Liam have booked their hotel in Manchester. I know what I'd do, if I could prevail on dear Mr Madge, but there really is only so much drummy stuff the poor man can take :D

To think that I probably know half a dozen places in Manchester where the folks would house me for free, and they all know how I like my cup of tea... but I'm not able to go during that period!

Here's wishing all those attending a great time!

I'd be happy to try and suggest the best places for a good pint or your favourite alternative tipple, but I haven't actually been "local" for quite a few years. I'm sure you'll manage anyway!

Day-umm.

I can't believe I'm attending, pinch me.

I wish I could video record the entire event, but I want to enjoy it while I'm there.

I'm looking forward to the after party :)

Knowing Andy is a pretty good thing :) :) :)

I've just found out about this, I've not been around much lately. It looks great on the web site, lots of great players on the main stage.

Who else is going?

That crazy awesome lineup, plus the fact that so many of my UK friends are displaying there caused me to commit to make the trip. I'll be the guy that talks funny so say hello. I won't have a booth but Carl from AD has been kind enough to let me house a few Dynamicx snares in his booth.

~ Eric
Black Swamp Percussion
Dynamicx Drums

News - update! Stanley Randolf has had to honour an unexpected booking, & has pulled out of the show. The Sunday 1:00PM main stage slot will now feature Gerald Heyward. Not too shabby! ;)

Gerald Heyward wow!

He used to work at my local GC. He sold me a Yamaha snare stand. What a humble guy. I've seen thousands of people line up for this guy in London at the 2013 LDS. Around me it's a shame because customers don't realize who he is. He's only the guy pictured in the DW cardboard cutout advert in the store.

IDK it's kinda like Vinnie working at your local GC.

Surreal.

Can't wait for this now. Booked my travel up to Manchester earlier this week.

Due to something now happening on the Sunday it's a (very) early train up then a train home mid evening on the Saturday. Gives me 8 or so hours at the event which should be enough to take it all in.

Looking forward to seeing you all.

I see 2 Guru areas. Do you have 2 booths this year?

My plane leaves in about 37 hours. OMG.

Damn what a line up-wish I could attend.

Andy you really should have a man in the back of that truck with a few double barrel shotguns like they do with the armoured cars lol. What a motherload of Guru drums! Holy crap on a cracker.

On another note, my plane leaves in 9 hours. I'm leaving in 5 hours for the airport.

I have major butterflies. I could probably fly there myself with all these butterflies.

Last edited:
On another note, my plane leaves in 9 hours. I'm leaving in 6 hours for the airport. I have major butterflies. I could probably fly there myself with all these butterflies.

Safe journey, Lar - can NOT wait to see you! Dear David and I were saying this morning how fantastic it'll be to see you again, and I'm so much looking forward to introducing you to my friends, family and part of the world xxxxxx

Safe journey, Lar - can NOT wait to see you! Dear David and I were saying this morning how fantastic it'll be to see you again, and I'm so much looking forward to introducing you to my friends, family and part of the world xxxxxx

I feel the same! You guys are the BEST. Thank you again for the awesome invite. I love going over there and visiting you guys. Still on for horses and castles I hope? And Chiggens! And open mic jams! Maybe you can make me understand what a caek is. Jolly good!

Christmas coming early I see Larry. Did I mention I was envious and I think "I loathe you" in my best Grinch voice. Nah (who loves ya baby-swirling a lollipop and in my best Telly Savalas voice) wishing you safe travels and the best trip of your life-it's kharma from giving all those drums away you get a trip of a lifetime. Did I mention I was envious hee,hee,hee.

Attachments

• the-grinch-netflix.jpg
    the-grinch-netflix.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 207
Back