Favourite Guitar Player.

Joop Wolters, Borge Olzen, Kevin Field, Guthrie Govan, Tony MacAlpine, Milan Polak, Jeff Kollman, Mattias IA Eklundh, Bumblefoot, others...

I see that a lot of great guitarists have been mentioned, so I thought I'd just add one that I couldn't seem to find; Steve Lukather

Almost a shame, really, that he hasn't been mentioned yet :s

My favorite Guitar players are: Tom Morello, John Mayer, Jack White, Jimmy Page, David Gilmour, John Frusciante, Jimi Hendrix, Stevie Ray Vaughan and Robert Johnson. They all are best and also famous guitar players in all over the world.

I always thought Peter Frampton was underrated.

It's a tie between Larry Carlton and John Scofield. After that in no particular order:

Wes Montgomery
Derek Trucks
Will Bernard
Albert King
BB King
Stevie Ray Vaughan

Too many to list here, but I'll throw a few that I like a lot Steve Lukather, Jeff Beck, Ray Russell, Mike Stern, Joe Satriani, Pete Towshend, Paul Mc Cartney, John Lennon, Ritchie Blackmoore, Jimmy Page, Pat Metheney, Eric Clapton, Stuart Adamson, Gary Moore, Chieli Minucci and Eddie Van Halen, just to mention a very few...

All the guys listed are great but if you asked most of them who their favorite was, most of them would probably say Michael Landau.

Stevie Ray Vaughn
Warren Haynes
Alex Lifeson
Mark Knopfler
And, don't laugh - Justin Hayward. I love a guy whose every solo, I can SING.

K...here goes.I know I'll leave out some,so the list is incomplete
Derek Trucks
David Gilmore
Rory Gallagher
Peter Frampton
Keith Richards
Pete Townsend
George Harrison
Eric Clapton
Roy Bucannon
Terry Kath
Hendrix
Santana
Jeff Beck
Stevie Ray Vaughn
Duane Allman
BB King
Robert Johnson
Django Reinhardt
Joe Bonamassa
Joe Walsh
Leslie West
Bonnie Raitt
Lowel George
Paul Barre
Jeff Baxter
Rick Derringer
Johnny Winter
Larry Carlton
Steve Stills
Steve Miller

Steve B

wow, i can't believe Mr. Les Paul has not been listed in anyones favs. or Roy Clark, Chet Atkins, Glen Campball and Willie Nelson. those are some of my favorites

wow, i can't believe Mr. Les Paul has not been listed in anyones favs. or Roy Clark, Chet Atkins, Glen Campball and Willie Nelson. those are some of my favorites

I do believe Chet was the first name on my list. How can a guy that can play two songs at once, not be? :)

I do believe Chet was the first name on my list. How can a guy that can play two songs at once, not be? :)

ok pockets, my mistake, sorry. but you are very correct about Chet, ;) wasn't he freekin awesome. loved his style, and he always made it look so easy.

Back