2box Drumit 5 - opinions?

jonoori

I've heard good things about these (expandable memory, sample upload, super quiet for apartment drumming), but they're super pricey, sort of cheap looking (don't know how they feel) and currently only available outside of the US.

Anyone know anything about them? They just announced that Tama retailers in the states are going to be carrying them beginning in May 2013.

What do you think these things will retail for here?

Re: 2box Drumit 5

I have one.. I auditioned all e kits that I could and the only one I might prefer is the Roland td-20 and 30, but you know they cost triple.

My only complaint is the bass drum pad design, it's a tad flimsy. Very happy with the 2box overall.

I've heard especially good things about the module. But yeah, the pads look a tiny bit flimsy.

Are you in UK? What did it cost there?

It's only the bass drum pad, and it just wobbles a bit much when playing hard. They should have secured the top part somehow IMO.

The module is very cool, a ghost note sounds like a ghost note and not a snare hit at low volume as with most other e-kits.

I'm in Australia and here they retail for 4k, but I rang around and paid closer to 3k.

Being imported by hoshino (tama) now coming in in June ,. I ordered one from guitar center. anybody who handles Tama can order this unless you gotta see it . I ordered one blind, heard too much good stuff about it and it is only gonna get better and better. Watch out Roland. Here we come!

I find the 2box sets a bit cheaper and found a used tdw-20 instead.

they work great. and being able to put on your own sounds was good. cymbal samples were better too.. its a newer brain........ but i hit pretty hard.. and they wobble and shake alot...

Back