the hardest song ive ever tried on drums

Taylor8524

I just started working on Divine Heresy - facebreaker. It's insane! Tim Yeung is not even a man hes a machine. If I can finish this cover theres nothing I can't play. I used to think Nile - the essential salts was hard to play but it's easy compared to this.

I listened to the song... sweet Jesus, that is fast.

The hardest song I have ever tried on drums is any song that I have tried to get exactly spot on. Which I know is never going to happen. Unless it is so simple.

Have you seen it performed...?.... I suspect there is major ProTools work afoot (having just watched a bit of the official video).

This kind of music always disappoints me though. I mean, it just is not intense & yet you get the impression they're really trying to be!

He held the WFD for feet singles for a while (not sure if he's still got it). Thank God for triggers and Pro Tools.

Way too clean and way too consistent to be entirely human- I'm guessing he had some computer assistance with either the hit consistancy or timing... or both.

AJ

He held the WFD for feet singles for a while (not sure if he's still got it). Thank God for triggers and Pro Tools.

Way too clean and way too consistent to be entirely human- I'm guessing he had some computer assistance with either the hit consistancy or timing... or both.

AJ

almost all those guys use triggers live and machines on record

I thought I would never be able to play Heart Of the Sunrise by Yes on drums, but i practiced the crap out of my paradiddles and paradiddle diddles, cuz there is a lot of that stuff in there, and i have made great progress. I thought if i could play it, i could play anything, but i now realize its not the actual thats being done that's impressive in that song (though it really is), its more the timing he exacutes with what he is playing, and the great shots he uses.

That song is fast, but there is a difference between hard and fast.

Not ALL these guys use triggers FWIW. Gene Hoglan, Marco Minneman, and Sean Rienart (sp?) are all capable of playing fast, dextrous music without the benefit of triggers.

Back