Huub Janssen

L

Lambo

Would love to now some more about this fantastic drummer! Any got some stories? Listening recommendations?

Huub Janssen !!

I just watched the drum battle with Pete York, Charlie Antolini and Huub Janssen. What a great video. Jansenn is a mind blower! Buddy Rich like technique. Great stuff.

Waterjet / Love the Drum / Worship at its Temple

Re: Huub Janssen !!

Footnote - I commented on Janssen as I had never heard of him before. I often watch Charlie's Big solo, which for some reason is one of my all time favorite drum solos! It should be called the Perfect solo!

Huub is a visual trip to watch. Very interesting. What a powerhouse!

Waterjet

yeah, all iv seen is on the drummerworld video, he's absolutely brilliant. the most flawless technique ever, the sort of skills us lesser mortals can only dream of

averypoordrummer said:
yeah, all iv seen is on the drummerworld video, he's absolutely brilliant. the most flawless technique ever, the sort of skills us lesser mortals can only dream of

Hey man, if you talk like this you DEFINITELY will never be at his level. By saying that he is above you as a mortal, you're just making an excuse to never be as good. Think about it, this guy is at least in his 70's, and he's probably been playing since he was ten. So of course he's incredible, he's been playing snare drum in an extremely well trained way for 60 years! I bet if you worked on it you'd easily have technique like that in 60 years, anyone could.

When I first saw Huubie in the video on drummerworld (http://drummerworld.com/Videos/charlyantoliniyorkjanssen.html), I was amazed at his speed and the fact that he is not really know.

I also love the fact what drumming is, you can do it practically your whole life, and only get better with age. This guy is in his like 80's now and I bet he still tears it up. A great example of how if you can keep to drumming, you can become great.

Please let's add Huub Janssen to the "featured drummers" list... I think it's pretty a shame he's not there (expecially when I see on that list some others "drummers", and saying this I'm sorry for pronuncing what I know to be a much personal opinion...).
Loggin in almost just to ask for... ; )
However many thanks for your great job here

Hi!

Huub Janssen was my teacher, my friend, my mentor. I had 16 years to learn from him.

Unfortunately, he died in january 2008.

I have a remembrance of him online. On www.huub-janssen.de you will find a photo collage.

Here you will find a 10-minute video drumsolo that I've even filmed.

Huub - in any case - should also find his place here on Drummerworld!

Hi!

Huub Janssen was my teacher, my friend, my mentor. I had 16 years to learn from him.

Unfortunately, he died in january 2008.

I have a remembrance of him online. On www.huub-janssen.de you will find a photo collage.

Here you will find a 10-minute video drumsolo that I've even filmed.

Huub - in any case - should also find his place here on Drummerworld!

Thank you very much for this extraordinary 10 minute video. I got to know Mr. Janssen work through the drum battle video with Antolini and another guy, and after that I just wished I could see more videos from this master. I can only admire his extraordinary snare drum technique, and his tremendous stamina. May he rest in peace. One last question: Why isn´t master Janssen listed on the top 500 drummers list? I don´t see any reason not to include him even in the 50 best drummers of all time list. And thanks again for this video.

Last edited:
Hi,

some more videos with Huub in action!

Now I teach my alumni, what I could learn from him.

See here his drum solo in his own song "Crazy Sticks". This was my first drumsolo what i´ve seen from him years ago:

http://youtu.be/peyrDdeZRLo

And another drumsolo:

http://youtu.be/pFjggyLUMXU

And a song with the Dutch Swing College Jazzband (a little bit older :)):

http://youtu.be/6E0rjylWLfs

You could find much more videos with search keywords "Huub Janssen" or "Huub Janssen Dutch Swing College Jazzband".

And all the best for 2014!

Back