Mapex Falcon Strap Drive

sped66

Hey drummers.........I just got the new Falcon HF1000 Hi Hat stand and the PF1000 TW double bass pedal. I am new to the Mapex hardware but I will not go back to anything else........simply awesome. Does anyone know how I can find the strap drive kit to change out the chain to the strap? I love the chain I just wanted to experiment some but I can't find the strap kit anywhere. Found the direct drive conversion kit.

Didn't the strap kit came standard with the pedals?

I purchased a Mapex Falcon about three years ago, and it came with 2 different cams, 10 and 20 grams interchangeable weights, double sided beater (rubber and felt), a double chains drive and a strap drive, I also had a piece of velcro, a nice softcase and a user notice for how to change/install/adjust all elements on the pedal. The only optional element was the direct drive unit which is sold separately.

For the record, I fitted the pedal with the round cam and the strap drive as well as adjusting the beater, the weight (10gr), the footboard and the spring, it's the best pedal I ever played by far.

Yeah mine is the 2013 from a local shop. No extras included......just the weights. Greenbriars was the only one that popped up but it's out of stock of course. Just curious. Thanks guys.

Yeah, mine came with strap, chain, extra weights etc.

You got ripped.

I wouldn't go with the direct drive but then I don't like direct drive. I left the straps on mine but I didn't really see any notable difference between chain and strap. If you must get the strap then email mapex.

Yeah, mine came with strap, chain, extra weights etc.

You got ripped.

I wouldn't go with the direct drive but then I don't like direct drive. I left the straps on mine but I didn't really see any notable difference between chain and strap. If you must get the strap then email mapex.

The old version (pre 2013) came with a strap. The new ones don't, or at least, everyone I've seen with the new version got ripped off.

Got mine in 2010 and it came with the strap. In my opinion the strap is way better then the chain. More control and less weight. I don't ever see myself going back to a chain. Either a strap or direct drive for me.

Old thread but thought I'd chime in here.

There was a patent and lawsuit issue between Mapex and Pearl. The first falcon came with two cams which is was the issue since pearl has pedals with interchangeable cams. That's why mapex has redesigned the falcon and made the cam permanent, but the drives are still sold separately which seems fair I guess. The strap is not very common, but the direct drive is always up on ebay or big mapex dealer sites.

The falcon is by far one of the best feeling pedals. I have the newer one with the case and other accessories which is awesome. Used to own tama power glide double before and it was nice too. Such a shame that they had to change it...

Back