Led Zeppelin New Songs

JohnnyG

Honorary Lifetime CEO
Staff member
Led Zeppelin has released two of its previously unheard songs to fans ahead of the reissue of its first three albums in June, according to the BBC.
The legendary rock group recorded "Keys to the Highway" in 1970, but only recently unearthed it, along with an earlier version of "Whole Lotta Love," from the archives of the band's vault. It was guitarist Jimmy Page, 70, who dusted off the recordings after combing through the archives for two years.
Page also told the BBC there was "zero" chance of a reunion, or a repeat of their London performance six years ago after the band officially split in 1980.

Am a huge Zep fan, but glad they will not re-unite. 2007 was enough.
I am also afraid to listen to the new 'sonically improved' re-mixed/re-mastered versions Led Zep I, II and III.
But I probably will get over that and buy them anyway and pay for Page's hobby.

Led Zeppelin .............Page also told the BBC there was "zero" chance of a reunion, or a repeat of their London performance six years ago after the band officially split in 1980.

Actually Page would welcome a reunion, its Percy who's playing hard to get. And who's to blame him really, do Zepp material balls to the wall every night on tour at 65 years old, I wouldn't want that responsibility vocally either.

Funny he's managed to dig up one more. I know he's rumoured to have quite a bit in his archives, but ever the perfectionist, he apparently won't release them because they're not up to standard. Obviously feels this one is. I wonder if when he curls the toes up, someone will be all too willing to cash in and we may see an influx of "new" Zepp material that hasn't managed to meet Page's standards?

Still, can't wait to hear the "new song." I remember how rapt I was to hear things like Traveling Riverside Blues and Baby Come On Home as they were released on various things in the 90's.

Another Zepp tune?........bring it on home!!

Back