DW Hardcore Beater Review.

Joey182

Silver Member
I recently got a DW Hardcore Beater, and I must say WOW.
If your looking for that "clicky" or punchy bass sound, this does it!
I was looking for an ADTR bass sound with little tone, with really just a click (sounds awesome), and I got it perfectly!
I have a Remo PS3 Head with a Falam Slam, and a DW5000 pedal along with the Hardcore beater. My trick (MINE) Is that I used a bandana and stretched it across the batter head. It muffled it alot, and sounds better than al those pillows and blankets in the drum. If this is the sound your looking for I reccommend this!

I'll agree with Joey here. The Hardcore beater allows for dynamics and tone at lower volumes due to the large footprint and soft perimeter but can still deliver the heavy, punchy rock tone at full force. I love these beaters.

Good work DIYing a felt strip with a bandanna. I'll bet it looks cool too.

Are those your new drums in your avatar?

I'll agree with Joey here. The Hardcore beater allows for dynamics and tone at lower volumes due to the large footprint and soft perimeter but can still deliver the heavy, punchy rock tone at full force. I love these beaters.

Good work DIYing a felt strip with a bandanna. I'll bet it looks cool too.

Are those your new drums in your avatar?

Haha I wish these were, It was going to be them. I just decided to go maple instead of acrylic.
I have my drums in the books at DHP already, they are starting it when I get my second payment in..

I replaced the sonic hammer on my Axis A Longboard with the Hardcore and couldn't be happier.This beater just does it all for me.

Back